Chapter 1: 19 years later

Ok before you comment on it.  This chapter is almost straight from the book because I just wanted to show how they left.  That's not bad is it???  Anyway.  I do not own Harry Potter I'm using J.K. Rowlings ideas and characters to form my own series.

I have been waiting all year for this day, September 1st.  We ran across the rumbling road, toward the train station.  My dad was pushing my trolley, that held my pet owl, Angus. He was hooting loudly, obviously as nervous and excited as I am.  My sister, Lily was clutching my dad's arm, sobbing behind us.  

"It won't be long, and you'll be going too," Dad told her.

"Two years," whined Lily.  "I want to go now!"

Other people were watching us curiously, probably because of the crying little girl, and the owls in the cages.  We walked toward the barrier between platforms 9 and 10.  I had walked here once before, when my older brother James got to go last year, but now I got to go too.  James was making me nervous by telling me that Slytherin means that you are evil, and every one will hate you.  And he thinks that I might be in Slytherin.

"I won't! I won't be in Slytherin!"  I argued back.

"James, give a rest!" my mum said.

"I only said he might be," said James, grinning at me. "There's nothing wrong with that.  He might in Slyth--" But he caught Mums eye and fell silent. 

All five of us approached the barrier. James looked over his shoulder at me, then took his trolley from Mum and broke into a run towards the barrier.  A moment later, he vanished.

I looked at Mum and Dad. "You'll write to me, won't you?" I asked.

"Every day, if you want us to," Mum replied.

"Not every day," I said, quickly. "James says that most people only get letters from home about once a month."

"We wrote to James three times a week last year," said Mum.

"And you don't want to believe everything he tells you about Hogwarts," Dad put in. "He likes a laugh, your brother."

Side by side, we pushed my trolley forward, gathering speed.  As we reached the barrier, I winced, but no pain came.  Instead, we emerged onto platform 9 3/4, which was obscured by thick white steam that was pouring from the scarlet Hogwarts Express.  Figures were swarming through the mist, into which James had already disappeared.  

"Where are they?" I asked anxiously, peering at the hazy forms we passed as we made our way down the platform.

"We'll find them," said Mum reassuringly.

But the mist was thick, and it was hard to see anybody's  faces.  All the voices sounded unnaturally loud. 

"I think that's them, Al," said Mum suddenly.

A group of four people emerged from the mist, standing alongside the very last carriage.  Their faces only came into focus when we were right next to them.

"Hi!" I said, instantly relieved.  

Rose, who was already wearing her brand-new Hogwarts robes, beamed at me.  I started to panic.  "Dad, I don't need to be in my robes right now, right?" I whispered to him. 

"No, Rosie's mom was always like that too.  You're fine," Dad replied.

"Parked all right, then?"  uncle Ron asked my dad. "I did.  Hermione didn't believe I could pass a Muggle driving test, did you?  She thought that I'd have to Confound the examiner."