Chapter 5: The girl who was bitten by a werewolf

"Did you hear?"

"Did you hear the news?"

"Did you hear about that poor girl?"

The news was buzzing around the school about the girl, Mariana Hope, who got bitten by a werewolf.  She was walking around Hogsmeade and went to far off of the bourder of Hogwarts, and got attacked by a werewolf.  She ran off after that, we only know how she was attacked because her best friend saw part of the attack and went to get help.  

Mariana was in her 3rd year at Hogwarts and in Ravenclaw.  I hadn't really seen her much or gotten to know her, so that's all that I can tell you.  

"Do you think that the werewolf is still near the school?" asked Rose as we were walking to the Gryffindor corridor.

"I don't know.  He could have ran after Mariana." I replied. 

Rose shivered.  Scorpius, who had been quiet lately, reached out a hand to her, but blushed and quickly pulled it back before she noticed.

That night in bed, I swore that I could hear a wolf howling in the distance.  I shivered, but eventually got to sleep.  

My dream that night was deffinetly a nightmare.  I dreamt that I was walking to the shreeking shack, and Mariana approached me.  She smiled at me, then started laughing.  Her laughing got louder and more high pitched, I wanted to cover my ears.  

Mariana started to transform.

Her whole body started to shake as she glanced up at the moon.  

Her arms and legs started growing hair, and her shoes started ripping from her rapidly growing feet.  Her eyes started to turn bright yellow, and her eyelids started bleeding until they rolled flat under her eyes.  

Before I could blink, she was a full grown werewolf, growling at me.  

I started to run.

Mariana howled, then headed after me.  I ran faster and faster until I reached the path back to Hogwarts.  I spared a quick glance back towards the shrieking shack, but fell over.  Mariana was right before me, teeth bared.  She sprang, mouth open, to my neck. 

Then I woke up.

I looked around.  Light was shining through the window, and Scorpius was still asleep in the bed next to mine.  I found my pillow on the floor, and my blankets at the end of the bed.   I looked over at the clock that read 4:30am.  I decided to get up and ready for the day.  

The next chapter will be out no later than June 15th, (studying for finals...)