Fourteen

A/N: OMGG 1K READS! THANK Y'ALL FOR READING!

In the water, I took of my pants. And even though it seemed ridiculous in this situation, I took them with me, because I didn’t think Levi would appreciate me losing another pair. I swam until I found a small island. I placed Levi in the sand and took off his jacket and shirt. I realised he wasn’t wearing his hat anymore, and I hoped it would still be on the ship.

Levi was softly breathing and his heart was barely beating.

“Just hold on,” I whispered.

I softly started singing. It was a lullaby, one that my mother had taught me when I was just a little boy. It was a powerful song. The words streamed out of my mouth, reaching far over the waters. I knew it would reach the ship, and that was what I needed. I put my heart and soul into the song, begging for help. Levi needed to be healed. Slowly, the words started to echo back, coming from different directions. I had reached my goal, I had reached people’s hearts.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, and landed on Levi’s chest. The blood began to disappear. Levi’s heartbeat got stronger and his breathing became normal. His white face got it’s color back and it didn’t take long before Levi opened his eyes. When he saw me, he stretched out his arms. I yelped and threw myself in his arms, hugging him tightly.

“Eren? What happened?"

“The ship,” I said. “The pirates-”

Levi cut me off. “No, I know that. I mean, what happened after I passed out?”

“I healed you.”

“How?”

“Do you see where we are?”

Levi looked around. “An island?”

I shook my head. “Not just an island. It’s a merfolk island. In the middle of this island is a cave with a lake. When a merperson dies, we bring them to one of these islands and put them in the lake. When the moon comes up, the body dissolves and turns into a life force, one that gives life to the ocean and makes it possible for merpeople to live.

“This Island has special powers. When merpeople sing a heartfelt song here, it will float away over the ocean, reaching people’s hearts. When people are touched by the song, it will echo back. Giving a merperson the power to heal.”

“That’s why you needed me to love you,” Levi said.

I nodded.

“So, I earned your trust?”

I laughed. “Did you really think you didn’t?”

Levi pulled me closer and pressed his lips against mine, I happily kissed back. When he let me go, I sat back up and looked him in the eye.

“There’s something else I did,” I said.

Levi raised his eyebrows.

“We were on the island anyways, and I was singing the song,” I rambled. “And I realized that I could just do it, because otherwise we would have to go back and do it over and I really felt strong emotions just now, and it works the best with strong emotions, so-”

“Eren,” Levi said. “Calm down. What did you do?”

I took a deep breath. “I granted you immortality. I know I should have asked, but you were kind of unconscious.”

“Tsk, I told you, right?," Levi said. "I told you I wanted to stay with you forever. So thank you, thank you, Eren.”

I smiled shyly.

“So,” Levi said. “Please tell me my crews alright.”

“They’re fine,” I said. “They might think you’re dead, but that’ll be a pleasant surprise when we get back.”

Levi laughed. “Yeah, it will. Let’s get back then.” He planted another kiss on my lips. “I love you Eren.”

“I love you, too.”

I slid back into the water and Levi followed me, softly rubbing over his leg.

“It’s a strange feeling,” he said. “I’ve been living in pain for so long, it’s weird to feel nothing.”

I didn’t react, I simply smiled, and so did Levi.

Levi walked further into the sea, and he grabbed my hand.

“Please don’t drown me,” he joked.

“Oh, I can’t,” I said. “It comes with immortality, I think you’ll enjoy breathing underwater.”

And with those words, I pulled us into the ocean.

A/N: the next chapter will be the last