Chapter 10

Harry's POV

I heard only beeps that rang in my ear along with voices. I shut my eyes and took a breath in and let it out. The police hung the phone up and the other one came grabbing me under the arms. They lifted me off my feet then sat me down harshly. There grip was hard on my arm as the took me to my cell. They unlocked the metal lock that kept me from the world. They took my handcuffs off and through me in my cell.

"Dinner in an hour." They said and then they left. I sat down in the dim light coming from the only window in the cell. I let out a huff and wondered if anyone cared anymore. I looked across the way to people who had been here a longer time. They were cussing and smoking and pissing on the cops as they went by. I laughed to myself watching them being idiots. I shared a cell with another older man. He was tall and buff and could easily skin me if he wanted to. I didn't get the nerve to talk to him though. He sat in the corner on his bed putting the cigarette in his mouth. I watched as the tip turned orange and then he took it out of his mouth, letting out smoke. I wanted to taste a cigarette, but never had the guts to actually try it. I watched the man as he repeated the same process, when he looked at me. He approached me and my heart started beating fast. He then reached from his back pocket and handed me a lighter and a cigarette.

"Looks like you need one son." He said in his dark voice. I reached out and took it from his hand. I put the white stick to my mouth and lit the other end. I took a breath in and felt the bitter taste fill my mouth. It scattered down my throat causing me to choke. I felt like an idiot as the old man laughed.

"First time huh?" He said laughing. I just rolled my eyes and tried again. This time I was successful and I blew out the smoke from my mouth. It tasted awful, but I liked the way it almost stung my lips. I finished it quickly and wanted another, but stopped myself. I threw it on the ground digging it into the ground with my foot. I then laid down on the hard bed hanging from chains. I sat back and closed my eyes.

"You fool, you idiot, pathetic excuse for a man." Is all that my mind was telling me. I was lost in my mind, the deepest darkest part. I wanted to dig myself out, but I was already gone, just like everything else I once had loved so much.