Chapter 12: Solar's Secret

"We shouldn't do this." I said pulling away instantly, the wind still blew my hair all over the place.. Brooklyn looked really upset, looking down at the gravel underneath his feet.

"Luna, I'm sorry. I don't know what that was. I'm sorry, you probably already have a boyfriend and all and..."

"Brooklyn..." I chuckled, his rambling being slightly funny, and cute, "I don't have a boyfriend, but I do like someone." I said, making him look up hopefully, he squinted for a second, the wind clearly hitting his face directly now.

"His name is Ollie, he's really nice and I mean I want to tell him, but I don't know if I should." Brooklyn looked at me in a way that was unreadable, he seemingly struggled to comprehend what I was saying.

"Well, you tell him how you feel. Any guy would be lucky to have you." My cheeks reddened, but the breeze kept my cheeks hidden away from his sight. What he said was really sweet.

"Yeah, thanks; any girl would be lucky to have you." I responded.

"Doesn't seem that way." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at this.

"What do you mean?"

"Doesn't matter, we should probably get back." And we did just that. I decided against questioning Brooklyn any further, it didn't feel right to intrude on his life. We got back to his house after an awkward and camera-full walk. Both of us were walking side by side, and before we knew it; the annoying flash that indicated another walk would turn into an unexpected interview. The usual questions were thrown at us. Are we dating, have we kissed, if this Brooklyn's way to get back at Kayla, am I dating two guys at once. Yeah, the usual.

"Oh Luna sweetie, a boy named Ollie is here to talk to you." Mum told me, just was Brooklyn parents spoke to Brooklyn about a different matter. Hearing Solar's name made my heart skip a beat. I entered the living room, seeing Ollie sat down on the couch.

"Hey." I said nervously, playing with my fingers.

"Hey, I just wanted to speak to you about something quickly." He said, his emerald eyes setting a mysterious tone to the conversation.

"Okay sure, spill." I said back, trying to keep eye contact, which he broke.

"Well.... do you like me? I mean like, have feelings for me?" He asked, looking away guiltily. Oh my, he liked me too?!

"Yes! I mean, yeah, I do." I sort of yelled, before calming myself.

"Ah, great. I'm sorry but I thought I should tell you now before your feelings got any stronger. I'm into guys."

AN:

Short chapter, I know. I kind of wanted to just get it done as I have loads of revision to do for school. I have 28 mocks exams coming up! Yeah.........

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed, even if it's super short. Please vote and comment as it really helps!

Love you all xx

Tom.