Chapter 6: Rain

--Nicky’s POV--

I woke up the next morning. Tired, and confused. Why did I kiss James back? Does this mean that I like him again? How can I even like him after how he treated me? I can’t like him; I’m with Justin now, and I love him.

I got up and took a shower, and then changed into some jeans and a loose-fitting beige shirt, with some platform shoes. I grabbed a granola bar and my school bag, and then left the house for my first day of school.

I already knew where it was, since, I’ve lived here before I was asked to go and babysit Willow and Jaden for a year. It was amazing! Also because… Justin was there. I shook the thought off and then went inside the school.

School looked different, of course, since I hadn’t been here since a long time ago. I walked through, and looked for my first class. Great. Chemistry. I rolled my eyes and ran to the classroom.

I got there, when there was only one minute left. I looked for a seat, and found one by some girl. I quickly ran to it, and then the class started. I leaned back on my chair. The girl I was sitting next to, looked at me, and smiled. The teacher was too busy talking with some girl about balancing equations.

“Hi, what’s your name?” I said, quietly for the teacher not to hear us.

 “Hello, my name is Laura. What’s yours?”

“Nicky. Hey, are you from UK? Your accent’s a little british.”

“Yups. Born and raised there. Where you from?”

 “From here. Born and raised in Miami, Florida. So--“

“Okay, now that we got that; let’s get the molar mass of Aluminum, to get the answer. Okay, to get the molar mass of Al, first you need to…” The teacher continued the lesson.

“You want to sit with us at lunch? It’s Emily, me, and Monica. You’ll have fun.” Laura whispered.

“Sure, I’d love to.” I nodded.

“And that’s how. Okay, so for tomorrow, you need to do problems for section 2. And also do the notes for the next section.” The teacher said. We all nodded as the bell rang.

I left chemistry and went to my next class.

--

Then it was lunch.

I walked inside the lunchroom, and saw the whole high school, but Laura and her friends. As I looked around, I spotted her, sitting her two friends; Monica and Emily.

“Nicky! Over here!” She waved at me and I came over, carrying my lunch tray with me.

She made me feel so welcome with her friends. I felt like now, I had friends in this school.

--

Afterschool, I felt that I had friends. I had Laura, Emily and Monica. I looked up to the sky, and noticed the dark skies above, signaling the rain is coming soon. I arrived home, and opened the door.

“Dad! I had the most amazing day--“ I stopped in my tracks when I saw the person standing in my living room. I was happy when I saw him. I couldn’t believe he was here. “Justin, what are you doing here? Oh my god, I am so happy that you’re here! I’ve got so much to tell you!”

“…Oh really? What type of news do you have to tell me, Nicolette?” He sneered.

Something was wrong; he only called me Nicolette when something serious was up, or whenever he was seriously mad at me.