Chapter 12: Sometimes Work Comes Before Something Like Us

Selena was asleep at 10. So, I went downstairs, causally looking for a nighttime snack, but then sneaked out of the kitchen, and into the maid’s room. I knocked on her door, but no answer.

Then, I knocked again, and Nicky opened the door. She was just wearing the same clothes from this morning, but looking beautiful. She was confused at first of why I was here.

“Justin, what are you doing here?” She asked me.

“I came to visit you.” I said.

“…Why?”

“Can I come in? I need to tell you something important.”

“Why can’t you tell me here?”

“’Cause I want to see how you were, and to check up on you; at the same time that we spoke.”

She sighed, and rolled her eyes. Then, she opened her door, and let me come in. “Better?”

“Yeah. Nicky, you’re sleeping like this?” I motioned toward her bed that was nearly a wreck, the couch that was nearly broken, the TV that the glass was broken, and the huge heat that surrounded the room.

“…It’s the only maid’s room that Selena didn’t lock.”

“But, you’re not supposed to sleep like this… What if you come and sleep in my room tonight? You know, like with me. And then, tomorrow morning you can leave really early, before anyone notices that you were gone.”

“…Why do you want to help me, and get me out of this room?”

“Because, I realized that Selena can help my career a little… but you can help my heart a lot. Nicky, I love you, not Selena, not any other girl. Only you. I am sorry if I ever made you doubt that. And, I can be married with some other girl, move to a different country, be in a place far, far, FAR away from you; but that’s not going to change the fact that I love you.”

A few tears were gathering in her eyes, so I pulled her to me, and she hugged me the tightest that she had done before.

“Nicky, do you want to be my girlfriend, in secret?”

“…Yeah. I love you too. And, I know that what I said before may sound as if I never loved you or that I don’t love you but that was me speaking with a broken heart. I tried so hard to not cry, before I finally fell into your arms and cried. I love you so much, Justin.”

I hugged her tighter, then scooped her up and brought her to my room. I laid her in my bed, then went to the other side, and lay next to her, facing her. I hugged my arms around her, when I noticed that we were still in our normal clothes.

“Oh, silly me, I totally forgot to put on pajamas, and you don’t have them either.”

She smiled, ‘cause she knew what I was trying to do. Just a make-out session, without going all the way, and just sleep in our underwear; that was my plan.

“…You can, but just--“

I kissed her. “I’m not going to go all the way, we’ll just wait some time. I want to have my first time with you, Nicky.”

She kissed me. “I want that too.”

We kissed again, and the kisses deepened. Soon, my hands traveled to her shirt and took it off, while her hands traveled to my shirt and took it off. Then, her hands traveled to my jeans, and my hands traveled to her jeans as well. We both took them off, and our hands traveled to each other’s body. Mine stayed in her waist, while hers traced my chest. Leaving behind, Goosebumps on my skin.