Part Twentyseven

Dro waked into the Daycare building, flashing his member id at Irvin the security guard.  Dro nodded his head at him as he entered.  He had questioned the owner about the need for security.  Mrs. Gabor told him that it was a necessity.  That in today’s world parents needed to be safe.

He was in agreement with that.  After all, he was all too familiar with kidnapping.  Dro smiled when he spotted Janae putting on Jr’s coat.  He crossed the large room and greeted her.  For whatever reason he was afraid of her.  Maybe it was her beauty or her sweet personality but he really liked her.

“Hey Janae, how’s it going?”

“Hey yourself Dro, it’s going good.”

She zipped up the baby’s jacket and kissed his plump cheek.

 “I was just finishing getting him ready for you.”

“Thanks, you’re really good with him,” he said as he took Jr into his arms. 

“Only because he’s such a good baby!”  Janae cooed.

“Yeah well... how many bad babies do you run into?”  Dro joked.

She leaned in closer to him and whispered, “You have no idea!  Some of these kids are so spoiled; all they do is whine and cry.”

“Yea?  See, this is why I could not work in a daycare.  Just dealing with him is enough.  I think he’s only good for you because you’re pretty.  When we get home it’s a different story.”  He frowned at his son.

 “You think I’m pretty?”  Janae softly asked him.

Dro was embarrassed.  Did he really just say that aloud?

“Defiantly.”

“Oh.”  She smiled.

“Hey listen, if you ever you know…want to go out to dinner or something, I’d be down.”  Dro chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”  She said while also laughing.

“Naw ma, it’s nothing really.  You just make me feel like a damn schoolboy.  All of my swag leaves when I’m around you.”

“Well Dro, from where I’m standing, I’d say that your swag was on point.”

“Does that mean that you will have dinner with me?”  He asked, shifting the baby to his other arm.

“I think that I’d like that.  When were your thinking of?”

“How about tomorrow?  I know it will be Saturday and you probably have plans but..”

“..But that sounds great,” she said, finishing for him.

They decided to wing it and just have Dro pick her up from home early tomorrow evening.  He wanted to hug her goodbye but didn’t want to put on a show for her nosey as co-workers.  He didn’t miss the looks that they had received.

“Okay.  Tomorrow it is.  Take it easy and drive safe,” Janae blushed.

“Tomorrow it is.”  Dro hefted the diaper bag onto his shoulder and walked out with a huge grin on his face.

“Daddy has a date!  Can you believe that little man?”  He chatted while he buckled him into his car seat.  Once he was settled behind the wheel, he took a minute to think about Janae.  He was feeling very lucky to have met someone like her.

Just as he was about to pull off his phone started to ring. 

“Bout time.”  He said as he answered.

“Hello to you to Dro.  Listen let me get right to the point.  I have allot of valuable information for you.  Some of it I don’t believe myself.”

“What’s up Dr.Gregg?  You don’t sound so hot.  What information do you have for me?”

“I won’t discuss this over the phone.  Head on over to my office.”

“I just picked little man up from daycare; I was planning on going home and relaxing an shit.”

Dr. Gregg sighed.  “It’s about Raine.  She’s getting married tomorrow.  That’s just one of the few things that I need to discuss with you.”

“I’m on my way.” Dro ended the call and gripped the steering wheel tight.

“What the fuck is going on man!”  He cursed and hit the wheel.

 Copyright © 2013-2014

-Eve-