Part Twentyeight

Twenty minutes later Dro arrived at Dr. Gregg’s office.  Hurriedly, he got the baby out of the truck and entered the small building.

“Hey, Doc I’m here.”  He called out to the empty area.

“Dro, I’m glad you’re here.”  Dr. Gregg rushed into the room.

“Ah this must be Jr.  He’s cute.”

“Thanks man.”

“Well come sit down Dro, I have allot of things to discuss with you.”

He gestured towards the sofa. 

Dro took a seat, scooting the car seat next to his leg.

“I don’t want to let him loose Doc.”  He nodded down at the baby.

“He’s crawling now an trust me he will destroy your office,” Dro laughed.

“That’s what babies do right? 

We all need to crawl before we walk.”  Dr. Gregg said in a somber tone.

“Dro I have been doing an incredible amount of research and you could not believe all of the things that I have discouvered.  For once in my life, I am not sure where to begin.  This is new terrority for me.”  He leant back in his chair.

“Why do I feel as if I’m gonna need a blunt to get through this conversation Doc?”

“You probably will. 

Would you settle for a cigarette instead?”  He was already pulling a pack out of his front pocket.

“Little man is here.  I do not, smoke in front of him.  They say it’s bad ya know.”

“Toni is still here.  She could watch him while we talk.”  Dr. Gregg looked at Dro.  “If that’s okay with you.  I will give her a buzz.  I know that she’s around here somewhere.”

“That’s cool.”

Dro watched as Dr. Gregg called Toni.  Within seconds she was there and lifting the car seat.  “Toni I don’t know how long Doc is gonna keep me.  If Jr gets to be too much, just bring him back to me.”

Toni nodded quickly and left.  Something was off to Dro.  It was weird but if felt as if the air had shifted, when she walked into the room.  He had felt similar sensations before.  Each time when she was around.  Which coincidently was hardly ever.

“What’s up with her Doc?  Something ain’t right yo!  Are you sure that I can trust her with my baby.  She wasn’t looking so hot to me.”  He said as he leaned forward and took the cigarette that was offered to him.

“Of course you can trust her.  More than you know Dro.” 

Dr. Gregg inhaled deeply.  Exhaling on a frown.  He did not want to tell Dro everything but he knew that he had to.  It would change his life.  Correction, he thought to himself.  It would change both of their lives.  Forever.

“If you say so.”  Dro shrugged.

“Raine’s getting married huh?  Ain’t that a bitch.  I figured she’d do some dumb shit like that.  Then again, she would do anything that her Mother told her to do.  Just like a good fucking girl.”

Dr. Gregg noticed that Dro’s hand was clenched in a fist.  If he was upset now, then soon he’d be murderous.  Now was the time for him to divulge everything that he had recently found out.

“Dro?”

“Yea?”

“Are you okay?”

“Man... yeah.  I’m good.  You didn’t have to have me come here though.  So she’s getting married.  Big deal.  I needed a damn therapy session for that?”  He rolled his eyes.