4

Meredith's POV:

I was so happy that I found Derek. He's the love of my life and I can't imagine being without him. Ever.

"Where's everyone else?" He asked.

"Well, I know Mark and Cristina are alive.. they uh.. they went to go find Lexie. I don't know about Arizona though.. we should probably go look for her." I said.

"You're right. She could possibly be dead, but if not she's at least somewhat injured. We need to find her."

Lexie's POV:

I tried to tell Mark again. I felt like when I confessed my love to him he didn't actually care or realize what I meant, because he didn't say anything after.

He didn't even care to let me say what I needed to say, he just told me I wasn't going to die. I think he knew I was going to tell him I love him again but he didn't want to hear it so he interrupted me. Why can't he just feel the same way?

Arizona's POV

I was almost positive I was gonna die today.. I was alone with Jerry with a plane stuck on my leg and I couldn't find the others. How was I supposed to help myself and him like this??

I almost gave up, until I heard two voices calling out my name.

"ARIZONA???" they said

"IM- IM HERE!!" I yelled loudly.

Mark's POV:

Lexie was dying, and I knew it was happening. I no longer had any hope, and tears started streaming down my face as I realized the love of my-

I mean Lexie.. was dying.

"Lexie.." I said.

"It's okay Mark.. you.. you don't have to avoid it anymore.. I'm.. I'm dying, and.... and.."

As she said those words, she was no longer able to speak.. just like that, she was gone..

at least.. that's what I thought..

Cristina's POV:

I thought I was watching Mark say goodbye to Lexie: the love of his life that everyone knew he was meant to be with.. she stopped talking, and it really seemed like she was gone.

Mark wouldn't stop crying.. it was going on for at least ten minutes.

Even my face was wet.. I never really admitted it until now.. but I really did love her. When I first met her I hated her because Meredith hated her, so that meant I was supposed to hate her.

but as time went on, she started to grow on us. She was funny, smart, a bit of a dork, but she was also a young and gifted woman who had the potential to become a great neurosurgeon.

She felt like a sister to me.. and I really wish I had more time with her.

Mark and I sat there for ten minutes, both crying.. both believing that she was gone..

Until she said those four words..

"Mark.. I love you."

Derek's POV:

Meredith and I were searching for Arizona.. it took us at least an hour to find her, and we almost gave up..

but if you knew Meredith Grey, you'd know that she doesn't give up. She fights until she can't anymore.. and today she assured me that we had to keep looking for Arizona.. and I'm glad she did.

"ARIZONA????"

"IM- IM HERE!!" Arizona yelled loudly.

We turned around, and saw her. She was sitting down, and part of the plane was on her leg.

"Arizona we're going to help you okay??" I said.

"O.. okay.." she said.

"but can one of you go help Jerry?" She asked.

"Who's Jerry?" Meredith asked.

"He's the pilot." Arizona said.