Chapter 21

FLASHBACK ( TOBIAS POV )

I was over the fact that in school we interact with other factions. For me I didn't interact with anyone even my fellow faction members. I would just go with my dad if he needed me. So here I was back at school eating my lunch keeping my head down when someone sat beside me in the table.

I looked beside me and I saw this girl, an Abnegation girl too. She was beautiful in a way because she had streaks of brown in her blond hair. I didn't realize that I was already staring at her when she cleared her throat.

"Ehem" The girl said

"Hi." I mumbled

"What's your name?" She asked

Abnegation people never tended to their curiosity  because it was usually self-indulgent. So why was this girl so different from her fellow faction members like me? I didn't want to be rude so I answered her.

"Tobias." I replied

"Oh Tobias Eaton! Marcus Eaton's son!" She said 

This girl was so full of energy that she got mixed up for an Abnegation instead of an Amity.

"Yeah. How about you?" I asked

I felt like I immediately regret what I said. It was selfish of me to take prior of my curiosity but I felt something in my guts with this girl. She made me feel free and with full of energy.

"Liberty Mosley." She said

"I haven't seen you before." I tell her

"Oh because I always try to distance myself from hot boys like you." She mumbled.

I felt flattered. She called me hot. She thought I didn't hear it but I did.

"It's because I always keep to myself all the time." She replies

"Oh not because of some hot boys is it?" I ask her with a look on my face that feels different. Like I was teasing her.

Liberty's cheek turned rosy but she grinned at me and says 

"Yeah also that because of hot boys. Actually I know a guy an abnegation too who looks really hot." 

"Oh. How old are you by the way?" I ask her

"Fourteen. How about you?" She replies

"Turning sixteen I think." I tell her.

"Oh so you're gonna have your test already." She says

"Yeah." I mumble in reply

The school bell rings and it immediately tells us that lunch is over. I know she will not be in my class because she's younger than me.

"Well that's it. Thanks for your time Eaton." She says then leaves me.

She's different but amazing. I think.

I want to hangout with her more because she lets me feel alive. She's like my freedom to the traps that Marcus keeps me in. I want to see Liberty again and again. Liberty's one of a kind and I just met her today. She's different in her own way not following any factions. She's a free person and I like it. Maybe she will be my savior that will cut these chains that bind me. 

"I like to hangout with you again." I mumble before leaving and heading to my class.

New Character!

Hope you don't hate on Liberty! She's just an innocent girl!

This is a flashback of Tobias from his past.

What will be Liberty's role in Tobias life?

Find out.

Soon.

Updated much earlier.

Thank you for the love and support for this fanfiction!

I love you so much guys!

Vote, Comment and Read!

All Rights belong to Veronica Roth on her characters of Divergent.

~Katprim

"Future Writer in the Making"

BTW: The New Divergent Trailer is Amazing! Can't wait for March! :)

Skip with the valentine's day and get on with march!:)