part seven

Ella

"No," Luke groaned from the passenger seat.

"Just give me the keys," I rolled my eyes. "I have my license, okay."

"Doesn't mean you're a good driver," he huffed, but handed the keys over. I smiled and started the car while Luke looked up as if at the sky.

"Jesus, I know I'm a sinner but I don't want to die. I have to call Jessie when I get home. Oh, and Emily." Luke said out loud as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"I can do without the melodrama, Lucas," I rolled my eyes and ignored the fact that he decided to man up and learn how to talk to girls after meeting me. "You talk about these girls like they're pets. 'Oh! I've got to check on my turtle when I go home! And my hamster!'"

"Jealous," Luke pretended to cough out the word. I took a sharp turn that made him shut up and turned the radio up to ignore him. When we pulled up in front of my house, Luke actually got out and decided to walk me up to my front door. He was so polite without even trying, and I wanted to kiss him pretty badly but I knew it would ruin my chances with Tyler. Would Tyler walk me up to my front door or watch me walk away? Would he call me to tell me he's outside or come up and ring the doorbell?

"Do you want to come in? No one's home," I asked before I could even think twice.

"What does no one being home have to do with anything?" He raised an eyebrow, amused.

"Oh, shut up. Do you want to come in, or not?" I shoved him lightly and he nodded his head with a quiet 'sure.' I lead him up to my room and made a mom joke about keeping the door open while I went to the bathroom. I checked myself out in the mirror while washing my hands, fixing my hair a little and making sure my teeth were clean. I came back to the room and shut the door, to which Luke scoffed.

"Excuse me, Ms. Greene. I don't think Jesus would approve of this situation." I laughed at him and knelt by the bed. "Whoa, Ella, what are you doing?" He stood up quickly.

"I'm not trying to suck your dick!" I smacked his leg. "I'm grabbing the cheap wine I hide beneath my bed."

"Sorry, I just- uh, sorry." He scratched the back of his head and sat back down while I pulled out the wine and plopped myself down across from him. I passed him the bottle and took off my shoes, climbing up onto the bed and patting the space next to me so he'd do the same. With an eyeroll, he followed and sat across from me as I grabbed the wine from him and started drinking from the bottle directly. "Classy enough to keep wine in your room but not classy enough for glasses," he joked as I passed him the bottle.

"Sorry, Lucas," I told him as he tilted the bottle to his mouth. "I don't need my mom wondering why the wine glasses are missing. I'm sure she realizes I'm past the age of using them for orange juice."

"I did that too!" He laughed and drank more before passing me the bottle back. "This is so fruity, I like it."

"Not feeling emasculated?" I teased.

"Real men drink pink, sugary wine," he grinned cheekily. We went back and forth until we finished off the bottle, and I slid it beneath my bed. I laid down and Luke leaned against the headboard. "Were you really jealous about the girl at the restaurant?" He giggled and looked down at me.

"Duh, you were with me, you idiot," I whined and began pulling my sheets over my head. "Tyler wouldn't have done that."

"Then you shouldn't have invited me in. You could've called him and fucked him and had a grand old time," Luke laid down with his back facing me.

"Hey! You're not allowed to turn your back on me, Lucifer."

"Oh so we've gone from Lucas to Satan?" He mumbled and I began tickling his back. "No! Don't do that!" He began whimpering between laughter.

"Face me," I propped myself up on my elbow as he turned over.

"Better?"

"Much," I brought my face close to his. "Emily's a bitch." I began laughing and plopped back down facing the ceiling.

"Why are you soooo interested in my love life?"

"It's interesting, like reality television with people I know. Actually- I don't really know you that well. You could be a serial killer. Tell me about yourself, Dahmer."

"Would you relax? Can't we be like, Bonnie and Clyde? I don't know you either, actually. You could be getting me drunk to seduce me and then kill me."

"I'm Ella Greene. My favorite color is purple, my favorite animal is a sloth, and I don't know how to ride a bike."

"I'm Luke Hemmings. My favorite color is blue, my favorite animal is a penguin, and I have a scar on my back from when I fell out of a tree and scraped myself on the way down."

"Coke or pepsi?"

"Coke, easily."

"Right answer. Are you a dare person or do you choose truth?"

"Dare," Luke rolled his eyes. "Truth is just no fun."

"Okay, truth or dare."

"Dare, Ella."

"I dare you to kiss me."

Heya. theres so much talking in this but its just meant to be ~relatable~ not really but no teenager actually analyzes shit as much as they do in books so yup

p.s. daring a guy to kiss you like this works- writing from experience wink wink bye ily thanks for reading