Chapter 7- Jay

I hold Minnie in my arms as she calms down. She had fallen asleep while I was holding her, so I set her down in the bed and lied next to her. She started crying and screaming in her sleep. I kept trying to wake her up, but nothing worked, until she finally woke up.

My heart shattered into a million pieces at seeing her like that. It was one of the worst feelings in the world. Knowing my mate was in pain, and not being able to stop it.

She finally pulled away again and wiped her tears from her eyes. She looked so terrified and sad. I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"You're okay," I said against her lips.

"I'm okay," she whispered back, leaning her forehead against mine.

We remained silent for a minute longer before she pulled away and gave me a small smile.

"I'm sorry I used your shirt as a tissue," she said with a blush.

"Don't be. Now I have an excuse to take it off," I said back, trying to lighten the mood.

It must have worked because she let out a small laugh, making my stomach do girly flips. I pulled my shirt off and through it in the laundry basket across the room.

I turned around and saw Minnie checking me out. I smirk, and move closer to her.

"You done checking me out yet?" I asked, leaning towards her.

"Not really," she said with her own smirk and looked me over, slower this time.

I smash my lips to hers and she quickly responds, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me towards her. A growl sounds in the back of her throat, letting me know her bear is happy. I smile against her lips, before deepening the kiss.

I push her back down on the bed and cover her tiny body with mine. Suddenly the door flies open, making Minnie squeal and shove me off her.

I land on the ground, staring up at the ceiling in shock and annoyance. Whoever interrupted me, better have a damn good answer.

"What the hell do you want?" I growl, sitting up and facing the intruder.

"Is that any way to treat your mother?" she smirks, raising an eyebrow.

Her eyes dart between Minnie and me, making both of us blush. I got up off the floor and sat back down on the edge of the bed.

"What did you want my kind, loving, mother?" I ask in a sweet voice.

"Oh, the pack's having a barbecue tonight and I wanted to let you guys know, and I came to get Minnie," she says, smiling at my girl.

"What? Why?" I ask before Minnie could.

"Because she needs to get ready for the party and she is supposed to be getting dressed, not undressed," my mother rolled her eyes.

I heard Minnie gasp and cover her face to hide her embarrassed blush. I did the same and looked away from my mom.

"Oh come on. It's not that bad. Your mates, it's understandable. So, come on Minnie, I need to get you ready. I'll be two doors down," she smirks before closing the door behind her.

I turn to look at Minnie with a small smile and rub the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry about that," I sigh.

"It's fine," she says with a small laugh.

She moves to get up, but I pull her back down onto my lap and give her a long kiss.

"I don't think I can be away from you for that long," I say, nipping at her bottom lip.

"Well, you're going to have to," she said, trying to be firm, but her voice came out breathless.

I let out an annoyed groan and move away from her lips, trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck.

"Come on Jay, stop. I need to go get ready. I'll see you in a little bit," she says, finally managing to push me away.

I let out an annoyed groan and watch as she smirks before slipping out of our room. I fall back on my bed and smile up at the ceiling. I may look like a crazy, loved up idiot, but...okay, I was a crazy loved up idiot.

She was just amazing! She was funny, smart, beautiful, and strong. She was independent and...just perfect.

I needed to find out more about her past. It was breaking my heart, only seeing glimpses of her past and her pain. I hated seeing her sad or in pain. I was going to have to help her and fix this, but first...I needed to take a cold shower.

I got up and walked into the bathroom. I stripped before stepping under the frigid water. I quickly washed myself and hopped out to get dressed for the barbecue.

I dressed in a pair of khaki shorts and a nice button up shirt. I stepped outside of my room and started down the stairs, only to be greeted with a grumpy Tommy.

"Oh hey Tommy, what's up?" I asked, while trying to hold back a laugh.

"Your mother, put me in a pink shirt," he grumbled, making me burst out into laughter.

"The pink really isn't...okay, yeah, it's bad," I say in defeat. "You look like a piece of cotton candy," I chuckle.

"Hey, that's not very nice," an angelic voice says from behind me.

I turn around and my jaw instantly drops. Hot damn!