Eight

A week had gone by. Mercy never left the house and the flowers stopped coming. She thought if she didn't approach him that night, maybe he would still want to see her. But, why did he ever want to see her in the first place?

'How are you doing?' Alice asked sitting on the end of the couch

Mercy just huffed shoving her face back into the pillow 'this is why I left'

'What?'

'When I left Newt at the docks, four years ago... remember?'

'Oh, yes. Faintly' Alice chuckled

'I left because this is how felt pretty much everyday and now it's happening again, and I finally was moving on and- and everything was okay'

'You haven't seen this boy in years and now, all this time later you still feel the same way?'

'Does this mean I love him?' Mercy mumbled

'Sounds like it to me'

'Why is everything so complicated?'

'Because life isn't fair, if it was you two would be together right now' she said 'and your mother and sister would still be with us, right here. At home.'

Mercy sobbed into the black pillow, Alice placed a warm comforting hand on Mercy's back. Mercy flopped onto the floor causing Alice to jump up, she chuckled as Mercy hit the cold ground.

'Why don't we go for a walk?'

'Last time I did that, it didn't turn out so well' Mercy huffed

'C'mon, spend some 101 time with your Gran! Just you and me and the great outdoors'

'We've been spending 101 time with each other since you got here'

'C'mon, you don't even have to get dressed! Wear your pyjamas for all I care' Alice said nudging Mercy's side

'I'm not getting up'

'Well, you don't have too'

Mercy sat up as Alice grabbing her wrist tightly,

'What?'

The ground disappeared in blaze of black and Mercy thought she was falling through the floor. Soon enough she felt the freezing cold ground beneath her, she blinked many times adjusting to the bright sun light.

'Where are we?' Mercy asked standing up feeling hard, cold rocks underneath her bare feet 'what did you do?'

'We are in an alleyway behind that cafe you always used to talk about'

'I'm in my pyjamas!' Mercy grunted 'and I'm not wearing any shoes!'

Alice disappeared with a loud crack, before reappearing a few seconds later, this time holding a pair of flats and one of Mercy's old over sized sweaters. Alice threw them at Mercy, she caught them before slipping the shoes under her feet and pulling the warm sweater above her head. She looked like a idiot. She was wearing a large bright yellow sweatshirt with blue plaid pyjama pants, topped off with black pointed flats. She also had on her biggest pair of glasses she owned, the pair she only wore at home because they made her look like she taped two magnified glasses over her eyes.