The End

Alice left at 10pm instead of nine-thirty. Mercy cried, when did she not? It was hard watching her vanish from the living room, she was watching another family member go. Mercy probably would never see her again, she had a life in New York and only a short amount of it left.

Mercy sat down on the couch in the living room, Archie was asleep in Alice's spot. Mercy could hear him snoring, it was quite cute. Mercy smiled as he flipped onto his back, he was dreaming.

Mercy ran upstairs, got dressed and placed her glasses on her face. Looking in the mirror she smiled at her reflection, something she hadn't done in awhile. She was wearing a maroon shirt that cut off above her belly button with a black skirt on that almost touched the end of her shirt. Having any skin showing made her self conscious, she nodded at mirror before making her way downstairs again. The kitchen was filled with light as the sun was peering in from the window above the sink.

Mercy marched over to her favourite cabinet, the cereal cabinet. She grabbed a small red box and grabbed a bowl, she poured her cereal into the bowl as she grabbed the milk. She finished making her breakfast, she sat down at the kitchen table with a smile. Today was the day she was trying to be a different person, or a different version of herself. Mercy was done being the sad, depressed version of herself. The one who over thought everything, today she was going to be the complete opposite of herself. Outgoing.

Was it because the sun was shining so brightly or the great sleep she had that night?

She finished up her cereal and placed it in the sink, she refilled Archie's drink bowl as well. Mercy grabbed her purse and keys, slipping on her sneakers she rushed out of her home. Slowly walking down the street she took in her surroundings. Her neighbour had just recently redone their drive way, it was no longer just rocks but a nice smooth grey tile. A woman down the street walked out of her house and towards her car, she smiled and waved at Mercy. Mercy waved back with a grin, this was the first time this woman waved at her.

Mercy hummed as she moved down the street, she laughed. What she was doing reminded her of some films she watched where the main character was practically beaming as they skipped and hummed down the street. The thought was stupid, yet, Mercy thought she could've had a movie worthy life, like she could've had a happily ever after.

Mercy didn't stop walking until she reached the London Eye. She bought a ticket and waited in line until it was her turn to get into a cart. She sat in one of the four corners, the door remained open and she panicked- why weren't they shutting the door? A young man stepped into the small space and sat across from Mercy, the door shut and she could feel herself moving away from the ground.

Silence filled the cart until they reached the very top, the man looked over at Mercy with a kind smile.

'Hello'

'Hi...' Mercy replied

'How are you?'

Mercy looked out the window, why was this stranger still trying to talk to her? She wasn't going to reply, she didn't want to. Then she remembered what she had told herself before leaving the house, she was going to try to be a better version of herself.

'Good, you?' She smiled

'Pretty good' he chuckled 'I'm Oliver, by the way'