chapter ii. // tristan

Poppy’s POV

Nando’s

Saturday, 18th January 2014 8:05pm

The rest of the day had gone very quickly. Hannah and I had gone around London for a bit, not really doing much, but we stopped off for lunch at TGI Friday’s. We went back to the hotel a couple of hours before Hannah was planning on taking me out again, still not hinting at all to what she was up to. No matter how hard I tried she would not let a single thing go.

“This better not be another blind date!” I said, seriously.

“Why’d you say that?” she began, “Tommy was nice!” Hannah protested.

“Yeah, I guess, but he was a bit... forward.” I giggled, putting on a bit of pale lipstick which didn’t really look like I had any on at all. I had very minimal make up on and I was dressed in my black converses, black patterned tights with a black skater skirt, black top and denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows, showing off my bracelets running up my wrists. I added a silver necklace with a galloping horse charm at the end.

Hannah also put the finishing touches to her outfit and then dragged me out the hotel room, barely giving me any time to snatch my small blue bag with my phone and such in it, before I lurched after her.

“Nando’s, really?” I raised an eyebrow, shoving my hands into the pockets of my denim jacket.

“C’mon, you love Nando’s!” Hannah made her way inside, weaving in and out of the small crowd that were gathered at the entrance waiting to be seated. My friend and I pushed our way to the front, to the annoyed grunts of other customers. Hannah leaned over to the waitress that was gathering some menus and leaned over, whispering something into her ear. The waitress nodded politely and checked a small black book on a table near the entrance. “Right this way.” She said, the obvious tiredness showing through her slightly wavering voice. Must be pretty busy tonight.

We walked for a few seconds until Hannah squealed and waved excitedly into the air to someone I couldn’t see from behind her. “Close your eyes!” Hannah instructed. “But-“ I tried to protest but Hannah slammed her hand over my eyes, guiding me with her other hand gripping my arm. I bumped into a chair, hitting my thigh on the corner. “Sorry!” I apologised to the person in the chair, feeling like I’d just been shot. Luckily, I only had to take one more step before Hannah sat me down and uncovered my eyes. It took a couple seconds to adjust, but there was very clearly someone sitting in front of me who seemed to of also been blindfolded. Uh oh. That must’ve been the chair I had bumped into. “Have fun you kids!” said a strangely familiar voice. I turned to see if Hannah was there but she was already walking away with three other people. “Huh?” came the voice from across the table. My words exactly. I rubbed my eyes. Could it be...? “Hi, my name’s Tristan.” He said, “my friends call me Tris.” He grinned a gorgeous, perfect grin. “I- uh- um... I’m Poppy.” I finally managed to spit out. Tristan stood up and walked to my side of the table. Unsure of what to do, I quickly stood up as well and Tris gave me a friendly hug. “Nice to meet you Poppy...?” “Duncan.” “Duncan...” Tristan sat back down. “Quite rude of them to leave us, right?” he laughed. “Hah, yeah.” I agreed, not really too sure what was going on. “Um... are you...?” I tilted my head to the side curiously before Tristan sighed slightly, “Yeah, that’s me.” Confirming my suspicions. Tristan Evans from the Vamps. How? “That’s cool.” I said, tucking myself under the table a bit more and crossing my legs to try and seem a bit more comfortable and casual. “So, this is what this was all about.” I giggled quite unattractively, but corrected myself by continuing, “Hannah wouldn’t say anything to me all day.”

“Same. The boys wouldn’t hint a single thing.” Tristan leaned back in his chair. ‘The boys’ must be the rest of the Vamps. I decided not to bring it up. He probably heard enough from screaming pre-teen girls every day about his ‘celebrity status’ I guess you could say.

“So, umm... you play any instruments?” Tris asked. I realised that I had picked up my fork and was drumming it on the table. “Oh yeah, guitar and drums. The usual.” I shrugged, putting my fork down. Instead, Tris had picked up his cutlery and began doing a little drumming demo on his plate and on the table, giving us a few odd stares from the nearby customers. I laughed as Tristan began head banging along to his table music, finishing by dropping the knife and fork on top of his plate to make a loud crashing noise. We both snorted with laughter. “That was good!” I nodded once in his direction. “Oh yeah?” he grinned. “Yeah!” I picked up my own cutlery and drummed on the edge of the table, creating a little rhythm, which Tristan quickly joined in with, tapping his knife on the rim of his glass. It didn’t sound much like drums, but it was fun. Things were going well so far and we had hardly talked. How Hannah got this though, I have no idea.

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter twooooooo c:

I'll hopefully be uploading quicker now that I'm mostly on top of my course work and such, but apart from that...

Thanks for reading!

Cat xxx