V

Present....

My dream has always been to be an actress. Había hella roles I wanted to audition for so I decided to do them all and hope for the best.

2017
-
I sat down studying the script over and over in the creme color room full of other Mexican girls. Doubt was running through my body as my self esteem dropped.

"Miriam Gomez." A woman in her early thirties shouted while holding the door open. Everyone looked around then their eyes landed on me as I passed by them. Here I go.

I stood in front of the gray background and three people who were behind a desk and I'm guessing they're the writers and producers. Damn I should've done some research. The camera was then placed on my left side. I took a deep breathe controlling myself. Of all the roles I'm going to audition, this one is the one I want.

"Are you ready?" The woman in the middle asked. I nodded and she grabbed her copy and read a line. "Tienes que ser fuerte. No dejes que nadie te diga que no puedes."

I put on my best heart broken expression and said. "Te extrañare pero voy a luchar por usted."

I noticed the other two men studying every move I did. One noticed I didn't look down at my script and smiled.

After a couple of minutes of the woman and I going back and forth, they wrote things down on their papers.

"Are you proud to be Mexican?" One of the men asked.

"Obviously." I chucked. "Nuestra cultura y tradiciones es tan bello. Somos luchadores y es algo que me encanta. Nunca nos rajamos. Desde los tiempos de Zapata a César Chávez y hoy en día." The three looked at each other and smiled. I felt anxious and bit my lip. I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this.

"Felicidades Miriam. You got the part."

My jaw dropped and then I started smiling. I couldn't help it but hug them. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. Being able to play the role of Meli De La Cruz is such an honor." I seemed somewhat calmed but trust me, I was screaming in the inside.

"And we know we made a great choice on choosing you. It seemed as if it came all naturally to you and we definitely saw you connect with the character." The woman said. "By the way, you'll be staring along side Diego Luna."

As soon as she said that, i think I stopped breathing. I love that man and now I'll be in a movie with him.

Present
-

I got the role of Meli De La Cruz in the 'Here To Stay' movie. That was the first time I audition for something and got the role. The movie was about a single mother who was deported and left her seventeen year old daughter behind. After being deported, Meli De La Cruz found out she wasn't alone after all. She had an uncle, who was played by Diego, and together they fought to bring back Meli's mother. It was honestly such a beautiful film and will forever remember. I definitely learned things about life and how to improve my acting thanks to Diego.

Ever since that movie, my career took off. I did movies of all kinds--action, romance, horror etc. At some point, Joel and I lost connection for a while because he was so busy with tour. But then came the movie premiered; we met again.