Chapter 38

Day of the Cnco Concert.....

*Joel's pov*

"Wait teach me the dance move." I told Richard.

"It's simple. One two three. One two three." He said as he slowed down and I followed along. "See, you got it bro."

"Tengo hambre." Chris said as he sat down all sweaty on the stage floor.

"Cuando no." Erick said under his breath but Chris still heard him.

"Voy a pretender que no te escuche." Chris said making us all laugh. We all sat down and stared ahead at the empty seats of the arena.

Today's the day. The day we make our comeback and the day I find out if Miriam gives me another chance.

Last night I couldn't sleep as my thoughts ate my brain. What if's ran through my mind as doubts took over.

"It feels good to be back." I said making the guys' heads turn. They nodded in agreement and stayed silent.

---

We were currently at Johann's house eating carne asada in a way, it was a celebration but it was only us 6. I was sitting down with Amanda on my left. I'd catch her staring at me once in a while but didn't question it.

She sighed and looked up at me. "Nino, are you and my nina going back together?"

"Amanda." Sofia said strictly.

I cleared my throat and looked down at her. "I don't know. But hopefully."

She smiled and said. "Do you still love her?"

I smiled and nodded. "Very much. Just like your daddy loves your mommy." She looked up at Johann and Sofia and giggled. I went back to eating in silent as well as the guys.

---

*Destiny's pov*

I ran upstairs to Stacy's room and found her putting makeup on. "Hey Des." She said looking at me through her mirror. "Why aren't you dressed?"

I looked down at my pajamas and then back at her. "I will right now but I need to tell you something."

She put her stuff down and turn around. "What's wrong?"

"It's about Miriam." I said taking a deep breath. She looked at me and nodded eagerly. "She's not going."

"What do you mean? She told you guys?" She said a bit louder then expected.

I shook my head and said. "I saw her rip the ticket."

She closed her eyes and shook her head. "This makes no sense. She loves him!" She was now pacing back and forth.

"I felt like i had to tell you. The other girls know but decided not to do anything about it."

"I need to talk to her. This isn't right." She grabbed her purse and headed downstairs.

I ran after her and stopped in front of her. "Stacy don't pressure her either. Don't force her just talk to her. Hear her out."

She relaxed and nodded. "I will." she opened the door and got into her car. I sighed and rubbed my temples. Hopefully Stacy makes her realized she's making a mistake.

---

*Stacy's pov*

On my way to Miriam's house, I practice what i was planning to tell her. I needed to practice on saying it calmly and not yell at her. I got to her house and got off.

The door opened revealing a really tired Miriam wearing spongebob pajamas. "Hey!" I said in a cheerful tone

"What are you doing here?" She said squinting since the sun rays hit her directly.

"Can I come in?" She hesitated at first but let me in.

"Are you here to tell me to go?" She asked a bit mad as she closed the door behind her. We were standing in front of each other and it was getting intense.

"I'm here to ask why." I said strictly.

"Who are you to meter la nariz donde no-"

"I care for you okay? I just want to help you out Miriam. You're not like this!" I said getting frustrated.

"The old kind gentle Miriam is in the past okay! I now care about myself only." She shouted. I looked into her eyes and shook my head not believing anything.

"Why? You said it yourself. You love him!" I shouted. "Why is it so hard for-"

"You don't get it! Just like everyone else!" She said as her eyes got watery. "He kept a big secret from me that put my life, as well as his, in danger." She said a bit more calmly.

I ran a hand through my blonde hair as I looked away trying to calm down. "Joel apologized to you. He did it for your safety."

She let out a sarcastic laugh and wiped a tear. "I could've prevented this. Him getting kidnapped."

My face soften. "Is that what this is all about?" She looked down as tears fell. She slowly nodded. I brought her into a hug as she cried louder. "It's okay. Don't blame yourself Miriam."

She pulled back and said. "How can I not? I didn't want to admit that that's the reason I don't want to go back to Joel is because I caused him pain. And not just him, but his family as well."

"If you're going to blame someone, blame me. If I didn't teamed up with Chloe, this wouldn't have happened." I said in all honesty. "Johann wouldn't have called Destiny for help. Chloe wouldn't have kidnapped Joel." She wiped her tears and stayed silent.

"But don't let this get to you. You love him and he loves you." I said making her look up at me. "No lo dejes ir."

She looked down and nodded. "I love him but I can't bare to live like this. Knowing that I caused that."

"Miriam you-"

"I think you should leave." She said looking into my eyes. "I'm not going and that's final."

I nodded and gave her a hug. "If that's what you want, then that's what it'll be." I let go and walked out of her house.

---

*Miriam's pov*

After Stacy closed the door, I felt an empty hole in my heart. I felt the tears threatening to spill but I fought back. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed my tub of chocolate ice cream before heading upstairs.

I turned on my tv and the first thing I see is the reporter interviewing the guys at the arena. They all looked so happy, including Joel.

I looked down at my spoon as I had a flashback from the trip to Santa Monica with Amanda and Joel. I haven't felt that happy in a long time. Being with Joel made me feel safe and complete.

I looked over at my desk where the tape was. I got up and bent down and picked up the four pieces of the ticket from the trash can. I looked down at the floor where the pictures were scattered.

I took a deep breath as I ripped pieces of tape and sat down.

••••••

We reached 5k already lol so here's the update I promised. ❤️

-JoelPxmentel

Word count: 1164