Chapter 34

He got up and walked out the door leaving me alone. I looked down at the ticket in my hand as doubts ran through my mind because of fear.

I felt my eyes get watery. I'm just hurting myself. It's clear that I love him still. But he kept a big secret to himself. I took a deep breath and put the ticket next to the shoe box. I went downstairs and found everyone in the kitchen laughing.

"Let's play something!" Yoandri shouted. We gathered around him to listen. "Truth or dare but spin the bottle style."

"I'm in." Maria said and sat down. Everyone agreed and made a circle before sitting down. We're honestly so childish.

Across from me Joel sat down. He stared at me and then half smile. I return the a smile as well. I looked down and sighed.

"Relax Miriam. It won't be like that one time." Johann said referring to the first truth or dare spin the bottle style game I played with them.

Middle of 2017
-

I sat down as my palms got sweaty. All the guys sat down as well as Maria, Stacy and Ally. I've never played this before. In fact, I've never heard of this version of truth or dare. I wanted to back out but my curiosity got the best of me.

Johann spines the green glass bottle as everyone's anxiety was off the roof. I crossed my fingers hoping I wouldn't be chosen. The bottle began to slow down as it made it's way to me. "Shit."

"Miriam!" The guys shouted. They all laughed as they pointed at me.

"Truth or dare?" Johann asked as everyone settled.

"Truth." I said confidently but regretted it as soon as Richard and Johann laughed.

"Oh come on, Miriam. Pick dare." Richard teased.

"It's my choice. Now leave me alone." I sassed as some of the guys laughed.

"Is it true that you have a crush on one of us?" Johann asked as he smirked. Pinche Johann! Lesson learned, never tell Johann a secret.

I felt my cheeks heat up as everyone stare. I was going to deny but I couldn't. No words escaped my lips. Richard and Chris started to laugh as my cheeks got hotter.

"I don't." I finally said.

"Ni yo te la creo." Zabdiel said making everyone in the room laugh.

I rolled my eyes. "Pues creértela."

"Come on, Miriam. Just say it." Ally said as she smiled big.

"I don't like any of you. I mean, I do like someone but it's none of you." I lied.

"Suuuure" Ally said as she raised her eyebrow and rolled her eyes.

I looked around the circle and noticed Joel nervous. I gulped and looked away before they caught me staring at him. "I answered. So I get to spin it." I said reaching over the bottle.

Johann snatched it and said. "Nope. You're lying."

"No I'm not." I defended myself.

"If you don't tell us the truth, you have to go run a lap." Stacy butt in. I shrugged and got up. I opened the door as everyone sat there with their jaws dropped.

-

"It's not that." I said in all honesty. Everyone's eyes were on me. I looked across and made contact with Joel. His eyes had sadness written all over them. I wanted to run towards him and kiss him passionately but I felt as if my butt was glued to the tiles.

"Entonces qué es?" Zabdiel asked. Amanda barged in with the other kids behind her. They had water guns and were shooting at us. Screams and laughs filled the room. Everyone ran their own separate ways as the kids ran after us.

I ran into a hall and hid in the closet. I felt someone accidentally touch my butt. I jumped and opened the door. I got out and saw it was Joel. He was trying not to laugh but failed. "What's so funny!" I said as I smiled wide.

"You got so scared." He said between laughs. I hit his shoulder as he continue laughing.

"I found my padrinos!" We both turn around and found Amanda holding up her gun at us. As soon as I shoved Joel towards her and hid behind him, the water squirted completely soaking him. I covered my mouth as Joel stood there while Amanda burst out laughing. "I got you Nino!"

Joel grabbed me and threw me over his shoulders as Amanda trailed behind. "Joel put me down!" I shouted. Everyone froze in their spots and laughed.

"Throw her in the pool!" Amanda cheered.

"Amanda!" I said looking up at her. She shrugged and giggled.

Before I knew it, Joel threw me in the pool. I stuck my head up to see everyone with their phones out recording. I glared at everyone and got out. Good thing my makeup's waterproof.

"Chistosos." I said before walking inside. Everyone burst out laughing and walked inside leaving the children outside.

"Now what?" Yoandri asked in a cheerful tone.

"Well I'm going to go change. And you guys are going to clean up my house. There's water everywhere." I demanded.

"Yes ma'am." Erick said in his tick Cuban accent. Johann has been in this house so many times he knows where everything is so he walked towards the cleaning supplies closet and took out the supplies. He handed them to the guys and their wives.

"Can I change too?" Joel asked shyly. I gulped remember he left behind his white shirt and gray sweatpants. "My shirt's soak."

"Yeah." I said before heading upstairs to what use to be our room.

He walked towards where his clothes use to be and pulled out his shirt. He took his soaked shirt off and threw it on the floor. I couldn't help but stare down at his abs. I bit down on my bottom lip as I watched him dry his hair. God how I miss running my hand through his hair and abs.

"Miriam are you okay?" He asked bringing me back to reality. I quickly nodded and went over to my closet. He put his shirt on and grabbed the blue shirt from the floor. "Can I use your-"

"Yeah." I cut him off knowing what he was going to ask. He nodded and headed downstairs. I looked down at at my desk and stared at the concert ticket then back at the doorframe

I still love him

••••••

Word count: 1078