Chapter 5

Satellizer and I both ended up in the brig for the next 24 hours as punishment.

I personally didn't care, but I didn't like seeing Satellizer in the cell across from me. It didn't suit her.

Miss Kim came for us when our time was up. Satellizer was told to go to her dorm, but she looked at me as if she wanted to say something.

She hesitated when Miss Kim called for me. "(L/n)! Come with me!" she ordered.

I gave Satellizer a smirk and a wink before turning to follow after my instructor. Miss Kim led me to Sister Margaret's office.

"The Headmistress would like a word with you," Miss Kim told me before opening the door for me to enter.

I stepped inside and approached the desk.

Sister Margaret looked up from her paperwork and smiled kindly at me. "Good evening, Mr. (L/n)!" she said. "Thank you for coming."

I bowed my head politely. "Good evening, ma'am."

She laughed quietly. "Such a well-mannered young man," she commented.

I smiled and chuckled lightly. "Thank you. My mother raised me well."

Her smile brightened. "So I see!" She then opened a drawer and pulled out a file. "I wanted to talk to you about some details from the incident the other night."

"What would you like to know?" I asked agreeably.

She opened the file and skimmed the notes on the first few pages. "This report states that you executed a series of high level techniques," she said. "It says you successfully performed a counter-freezing, demonstrated exceptional mastery of the Acceleration Turn, effortlessly fended off Miss Bernstein's Tempest Turn, and even defeated her with a Double-Acceleration Turn."

She looked over the rim of her spectacles at me. "Is this report accurate?" she asked.

I nodded confidently. "Yes, ma'am. It is."

Sister Margaret closed her file and studied me, thoroughly intrigued. "Incredible!" she muttered. "I don't suppose Miss Kim taught your any of those skills."

"No, ma'am. She didn't," I replied.

"If you didn't learn those techniques from Yu-Mi, where did you learn them?" she asked curiously.

"To be absolutely frank, ma'am, I didn't learn them from anyone," I answered in serious tone. "I couldn't even tell you how I did what I did. They just came naturally as I fought."

Sister Margaret considered my words for a moment. "What was your state of mind during your battle with Miss Bernstein?"