Chapter 6

I refused to be baptized by Satellizer, arguing that it was pointless since our partnership was ultimately temporarily. Besides, I didn't need her Stigmata to cast a Freezing area, so it made no difference either way.

I honestly think Sister Margaret was more disappointed about it than Satella was. Satellizer did, however, convince me to spend a night with her per tradition. I say "convinced", but it obviously didn't take much to convince me.

She was ridiculously bashful that evening. I was eventually able to ease her mind by telling her I didn't need her to do any of the things she was obviously thinking I wanted. Instead, I convinced her to sit down at my feet and let me massage her shoulders. After I'd worked out all the knots and tension, she was in a much better mood and offered to return the favor.

After pampering each other to satisfaction, we settled down for a movie. Satella passed out sometime during, so I carried her to bed and spent the rest of the night next to her.

With or without a Baptism, Satella and I were able to establish a special bond between us that continued to deepen as we trained and spent time together.

Our activities within my organization were proving productive as well. Tensions between my faction and the top-ranking Pandora had reached their peak. I was expecting the outbreak any day now.

Soon, it came, but on a much smaller scale than I'd anticipated.

Simmie, Satellizer, and I were approached by one Attia Simmons (a.k.a. "the Architect of Evil"), Rank-6 among the third-years. According to my intelligence, she was among the main ringleaders of the West Genetics hierarchy.

Miss Simmons apparently had some business with the three of us, asking that we join her in one of the training facilities to discuss it.

I was right when I assumed this was a trap. The doors were locked behind us when we entered, and two more third-years appeared. Arnett McMillan, "the Slashing Trickster"; Rank-4. And Creo Brand, "the Lightning Hammer"; Rank-5.

Five Volt Weapons were deployed almost immediately. I simply stood, unarmed, surveying the situation.

"This isn't going to work," I thought to myself. I was certain the three of us could take the third-years down, but that wasn't going to accomplish our goal. "We have to beat them in the open, where the entire student body can see it."

A brilliant idea popped into my head. "Wait!" I shouted, stepping between the two parties.

Miss Simmons glowered at me in annoyance. "What do you mean, 'wait'?!" she demanded. "You lower-classmen brought this on yourselves! Don't think we'll let off without proper punishment!"

I stood boldly with a smirk on my lips. "Not my intent in the slightest," I said confidently. "I just want to make this a little more interesting is all!"

The three third-years exchanged glances of confusion then looked at me questioningly.