Jupiter's Kiss

I was 6 years old when I first met Sitty. We were neighbors back then and we hang out all the time. We even had sleep overs during weekends. She was my bestfriend, my sister and my first love. We had feelings for each other, but faith held us back.

           --Fast forward a little bit--

  It was one winter night when she came over to our house for a sleep over. We We were 12, too young and too dumb. We just finished watching a romantic movie.

  "Hey Miles..." She said as she turned to face me.

  "Yeah?" I replied.

  "Do you like me?"

  She caught me off guard. I didn't know what to say. My heart started to pound faser and faster. Butterflies played inside my stomach. I was red. I could feel it. I could feel my cheeks become warm.

  "I-..."

  She caught me off guard once more. She kissed me, but not like a full kiss. It was just a peck on the lipsbut to me, it was so much more. She was my first kiss.

  "Why?" I asked.

  "Huh?" She smiled.

  "I mean why did you kiss me?" I was still dumbfounded.

  "Because I like you. Isn't that what grown-ups do?"

  I nodded and after that, we went to sleep.

  After that night, that incident became meaningless. She forgot about it, but I didn't.

  Fast forward a few more years, we were now 15. She entered through my room's window and woke me up at 2 A.M. in the morning. We took a stroll at the park. It was quiet, awfully peaceful but beautiful at the same time.

  "We're leaving for chicago in a few hours." She said with a grimm tone.

  "I know. Do you really have to go?" I asked.

  "It's not my decision, Miles."

  "You can stay here, with me." Sadness was building up.

  "I wish I could..." She stopped walking and turned to me. She was crying.

  I hugged her tight. She kept crying while I held her close to my chest, close to my heart.

  I walked her back to her house and we said our goodbyes but before I went home, she gave me one final gift. We kissed,kissed under the bright white moon.

  After that night, I never heard from Sitty again.

  A year after she left, our family opened up a café.

--Fast forward four more years--

I was the barista for the day.

"One Jupiter's kiss for Sitty." I placed the order on the pickup area.

  Everything went silent, It clicked. I realised something. Sitty was there without me even noticing. I looked at the pickup area and saw that the coffee was gone.

  I rushed outside to see her there, across the street, looking at the distant. She was as beautiful as ever. I remember gladly wasting countless hours with her. I remember her sweet kiss. A kiss that feels like out of this world.

  I waited for the stop light to go red so I could walk up to her. She saw me and she smiled.

  The stop light went red and I ran to her.

  "Hey..."

  "Miles?" She said with joy.

  "Hey. It's been a wh-..."

  There she goes again, catching me off guard with that sweet sweet kiss.

  "I've missed and always loved you, Miles Evergreen."

  "I've always loved you too, Sitty Carson." I replied.

  Then, I snapped back to reality. I was still in the coffee shop and she was still far away from me.

  Sitty Carson wasn't there.

  All that is left to me is that sweet sweet kiss from a girl named Jupiter Sitty Carson.