11

Tasha woke up and got ready for her first day of work. Before Zachary left yesterday he fixed both of the cars and asked for a date on Thursday. She got into the car and drove off to her job.

 "Well good morning, you must be Gabrielle" said Hailey one of the workers at the job. "Good morning, and yes it is me" said Tasha shaking Hailey's hand. Hailey took Tasha to the back and showed her what all her job consists of for her to do. Tasha was already gifted with the designs and began to work in the clothing store. Tasha thought to herself that everyone that worked there seemed like family already even the manager Kelsey; such a beautiful spirit. Hailey was a beautiful Caucasian with pretty blue eyes and blonde hair.

 Hailey was stocking in clothing items while Tasha sketching designs. About five hours working Kelsey came in to greet the girls and she turned on the television. When the TV was turned on it was on CNN. Tasha was still in the back sketching. "Well last night in Detroit two innocent black men were killed in a drive-by shooting. People of Michigan are starting a march around the state for violence. The suspects were arrested this morning at 10am" said the news reporter.

 "About four days ago Chelsea Gray was killed in a night club in Houston, Texas." said the news reporter. Tasha heard the TV in the back and couldn't believe what she was hearing. She walked into the front and looked at the news. "Gray's killer Tasha White still has not been found." Tasha's picture was uploaded on the screen. "Tasha is about 5'8, black hair, dark brown eyes, and is a dark skinned African-American. If you hear anything about or see White please call the police department" said the news reporter closing out. "Wow that's crazy and you kind of favor her Gabrielle" said Hailey laughing. Tasha pretended to laugh. "I guess I do look like her a bit" she said.

 Tasha's shift was finished and she went home to call Alexis. "What the hell, they looking for me on CNN and shit; please tell me this is a nightmare." said Tasha pacing inside the kitchen. "Be cool, just act normal. Remember you are not Tasha, you are Gabrielle so act like Gabrielle" said Alexis. "Your aunt came over last night worried about you asking for you" she said. "Man come visit me" said Tasha. "I'm coming next month this damn jewelry shop killing me, but call me back Marcus is outside waiting" said Alexis. 

Sudden knocks were heard on the door. Tasha looked out and saw that it was Zachary with flowers. "Come in and thank you" said Tasha giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek taking the flowers. "How was your first day?" asked Zach. "It went pretty good" she said putting the flowers into a vase. "Are you busy tonight?" he asked her. "No" she said. Zachary kissed her and brought her outside to his car and they left.

 "Where are we going" she asked. "Just relax baby girl" he answered turning the radio station on to some 90's slow jams which he knew she liked from their long conversations. While he was steering he grabbed her hand and held it. He pulled into this decent looking neighborhood. He pulled up to this 2 story brick home. "Is this your place?" she asked. "Yea" he said getting out and opening the door for her. He unlocked the door and it was very dark inside. When Tasha stepped in the lights came on and it was a few people waiting for her to enter.

 "Welcome Gabrielle" said Zachary's mother. Zachary's family came together and gave Tasha a hug. She thought it was the sweetest thing ever. It was Zachary's father, mother, sister, and brother. "Don't be shy, my son never talked about anyone the way he does about you" said Zachary's father Charles. They all began to ask Tasha questions but was very sweet about it. Tasha was thinking about how ashamed she would be if they found out who she really was. The family was very excited to meet Tasha who they thought was Gabrielle and left Zachary's home.

 "Your place is so nice" Tasha said looking around. "It will be better if I had someone in here with me, this is a family home with a single man" he said putting his hand on her shoulder. Tasha felt loved even for just knowing Zach for a few days. "But do you think we are moving too fast Zach?" she asked. "No, like I said I feel it" he said walking her upstairs. The two played video games for the rest of the night and the next morning he brought her to work.