four

"Back again I see?" The nurse asks as she dabs at the wound on Rileys forehead, amusement evident in her voice and present in her facial expression.

Riley scoffs playfully, the corners of her mouth curling up to form a smile.

"I know, the visits seem to be becoming a regular systematic routine don't they Carol?" She asks, making the nurse chuckle.

Riley still sits in the same position on the floor, whilst the nurse leans down beside her, catering to her needs.

"What happened this time?" The playfulness stance disappearing, seriousness and concern now clouding Carol's eyes.

Riley hesitates before replying.

"Hit it off a shelf when I was reaching for something." She shrugs.

"Really? Not a result of one of your reoccurring dream states?"

Will observes and investigates her, noticing the constant smile on her face, but the blank, emotionless, emptiness of her eyes. She looks familiar, but he can't quite put his finger on where he has seen Riley before.

As he is doing so, her eyes flicker up and meet his, causing him to quickly glance away.

Carol and Riley chat for a few more moments, small talk, Will hearing things about Carol's children and Riley's family.

Then, just as quickly as she came, Carol promptly stands and exits again, leaving Will, Riley and Callum in a tense silence.

Riley clears her throat.

"Shall I continue?"