Chapter Three

"And then, Cicely slapped Georgia in front of the whole family and she threw her milkshake at Luke and screamed "Boo you, whore!" in his face in front of everyone! Best. Family. Dinner. Ever!" Jaimie sighed as she relayed the proceedings of last night's events to Maia, who doubled over laughing once the story was completed.

Apparently, Jaimie's sister Cicely had found out that her long-time boyfriend Luke was cheating on her with their cousin Georgia. The funny part is that Cicely happened to be an adorable, innocent looking 5 year old with bouncy blonde curls who liked to dress up in Batman Pajamas and Luke was actually Georgia's boyfriend. Actually, Luke and Georgia were best friends for a while and the first time Cicely saw Luke she immediately fell in love with him and dubbed him as her "boyfriend". Of course everyone in their family thought Cicely's crush on Luke was "super cute", including Luke who, to some extent, actually encouraged her behaviour. The drama started last night when Cicely witnessed Georgia and Luke kissing and thus leading to the milkshake throwing and whore calling incident. So in a way, Cicely was right to be angry since she did lay claim to Luke first before Georgia decided that what she felt was more than a friendship kind of love.

When Maia voiced this thought to Jaimie, Jaimie laughed and agreed with her.

"Everyone was so shocked though because Cicely said the word whore," Jaimie mused.

"Maybe you should stop watching Mean Girls with her Jay," Maia teased.

Jaimie made a sound, stomped her foot and crossed her arms.

"Hey! She coerced me into watching it with her! I couldn't say no," Jaimie huffed.

Maia closed her locker, balancing her books onto one arm and gave her friend a pointed look.

"Jaimie. She's five. What could she possibly do to you that's so bad?"

Jaimie's face darkened as she narrowed her eyes and dropped her voice a couple of octaves.

"That little girl is one eviiil mama jama"

At her choice of words, Maia erupted with laughter, wiping her eyes as the tears fell down. It felt so good to cry happy tears for once and it was in that moment that Maia felt some semblance of normalcy in her life.

Just then, the bell rang, warning the two friends that it was time to get to class.

Jaimie looped her thin arms through Maia's free arm and the pair proceeded down the hallway, to their class.

Xxx

Once they reached the classroom, they were greeted by a semi-large group of individuals who sat on tables and some on chairs. The individuals formed some sort of a semi-circle, thus keeping the ones they didn't want out while keeping a look out for the ones that thought they could get in. Luckily Maia and Jaimie were already in and as the two approached, the group cheered and offered them high fives.

"Lady J! M dawg. Welcome!," one of the individuals called out brightly.

Maia scowled and crossed her arms.

"Ty. I don't like being referred to as 'M dawg'," she said, air-quoting her new supposed nickname. "I'm not a dog," she added.

Ty pouted and widened his grey-blue eyes.

"But you didn't like it when I called you M kat yesterday so I figured you were more of a dog person. I personally liked the M kat nickname a lot better," he sighed.

Maia stifled a grin.

"I'm not a cat," she huffed. "And personally, I hated that nickname a lot."