Chapter Seventeen

Maia sighed as she stood with her arms out in front of the seamstress who was currently busy taking her measurements. Prince Weldork had requested for them to get gear fitted specifically for the quest that lay ahead. Apparently jeans and a t-shirt and Harriet's dress and heels weren't going to cut it.

"Ugh, remind me why we're doing this again?" Maia called out to Harriet, who stood a bit further away from her.

"As far as I remember, we have to save Micah, ourselves and the world?" Harriet quipped unsurely.

Maia sighed again. "I know, I was just trying to remember how we got ourselves in this mess," Maia groaned.

"I don't know Maia. But this is pretty exciting stuff. You, me, Micah - saving the world from the bad guys. Restoring honor to... someone. My God, this would be amaaazing for my portfolio. No... forget my portfolio, I'm totally putting this on my Instagram story," Harriet hummed happily.

Maia looked over in confusion as Harriet laughed, "Oops, sorry," as she interrupted the flower-lady in front of her who hissed in response when Harriet interrupted her work to withdraw her phone from her back pocket.

"Ah damn! There's like 0 signal here! Now how am I supposed to talk to my followers? This is awful!" She wailed.

Maia rolled her eyes. "Harriet, I swear I've never met anyone whose priorities are as messed up as yours."

"Excuse me? I have a life and friends that I need to speak to Maia. I don't expect you to understand," Harriet scoffed bitterly.

Maia turned to address her cousin with narrowed eyes. "What are you talking about?"

Harriet rolled her eyes.

"Look, I went through your phone when we first got here -"

"You what?!" Maia screeched, staring at her cousin incredulously.

"I went through your phone," Harriet sighed irritably, "And stealing that Jaimie girl's man was not cool. I mean, I'd do it but not to my friends," she added nonchalantly.

"Wait. Wait. Excuse me?" Maia said, blinking at her cousin, her mind reeling. "How - what?" She struggled to string her sentences together.

Harriet rolled her eyes. "You didn't see those thousands of messages that you got? But then again if I was in your place I'd probably ignore them too. You're miles away, they can't do anything to you but social media can be a bitch. Trust me, I know," Harriet sighed, while proceeding to raise her arm up to snap various photos of herself.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Maia muttered as she reached for her bag with her phone in it. The blood from her face drained as she took in the millions of messages that lit up her phone.

Jaimiiiie❤️ty-dye4ever: So when exactly were you going to tell me that you had a thing for Ty Maia?

Jaimiiiie❤️ty-dye4ever: I can't believe you. After everything I told you - you knew how much I liked him and yet you kissed him?? How could you Maia! I thought you were my friend!

Jaimiiiie❤️ty-dye4ever: How am I not surprised that you aren't answering your phone rn. Oh my God this is so like you. You feel guilty about the fact that you stole my boyfriend and now you're going ghost on me.

Jaimiiiie❤️ty-dye4ever: I didn't want to believe Hayley when she told me, I defended you even but then she showed me the picture of you two kissing. I even asked Ty and he said that you two had been vibing for a while. I feel so stupid. This whole time I was confessing my feelings to you, told you how much I liked him and how much I wanted to be with him and you encouraged me to do it, meanwhile you were probably laughing behind my back because you knew you had him and I could never get him.