Fortytwo - Realization

Brooklyn POV

I woke up to my bedroom door opening and Josh's arm wrapped around me still. I looked up to see Chris standing in the door way, I couldn't read his expression, one because it was to bright and two I just woke up so I was difficult to see but I was able to make out it was Chris just by the way he stands and his figure. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked back over to the door and he was gone. I unwrapped Josh's arm from around me and pulled the covers off then got out of the bed. I ran my hand through my hair as I walked down the stairs.

"Mia, Megan." I heard Chris shout as quiet as he could but failed to stay quiet. "What happened last night?"

"Nothing." I heard one of them whisper back just before I walked into the living room.

"Morning." I said and walked over to Chris, gave him a smile and a kiss. "I'm going to take a shower." I said and walked back up the stairs into the bathroom. I closed the door and looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked at one eye then the other. I sighed.

He's gone.

My dad is gone.

He is never gone be able to see me walk across the stage for graduation.

Never met the man I'm going to marry.

Never walk me down the isle, yet only see me get married.

Never met my first child, his first grandchild. Nor his second, how ever many kids I have.

He's just gone.

I needed to stop thinking so I turned on the shower and hopped in. I shaved my legs, washed my hair and body. I'm guessing I took about a ten minute shower.

I got out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body and went to my room. I didn't see Josh and I went to my dresser. My phone, that was sitting on my night stand went off. I walked over to table and looked at it. I had a new text.

From: Marco
Are you still coming to my party tonight? I heard what happen, don't come if you don't want. I'm sorry, he was a cool dude.

To: Marco
Yeah, I'm still coming and it's okay not your fault. See you soon.

Before I put my phone down I looked at the time it read, 6:37 pm. I got dressed into my ripped high waisted jeans and my black bralette.

I brushed my hair then went downstairs into the kitchen were Mia was at

I brushed my hair then went downstairs into the kitchen were Mia was at. "Hey sis." I said walking to the fridge to get water.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"Marco's party, tonight." I told her taking a sip of the water.

"Your still going?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said and Megan, Tyler and Josh walked in the kitchen. They looked at me weird. "What?"

"Why are you dressed like your going somewhere?" Tyler asked sitting down at the counter.

"Were going to a friend's party tonight that's why." I said putting the lid back on the bottle of water. "Were leaving in two hours." I said.

"Are you sure?" Josh asked.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. Just because my dad died doesn't mean I want special treatment.

----------
Short update but next part will be the party.

-Nikole