chapter 6

I woke from sunlight streaming through my blinds and birds singing outside my window.

"Scarlett, come on lets get a move on you're wasting daylight just laying in bed!" My mom was outside my door beckoning me to get out of bed and actually do something today. 

It was Saturday and its been about two weeks since I saw Luke last, when he was at my house. He and I haven't talked since then and I've only seen him at school three times and he didn't see me. I've been driving myself crazy about him not talking to me. Did I do something wrong? Was I that bad of a kisser? Is he embarrassed by me? These and thousands of other questions had been going through my mind non-stop since when we made out. 

That night I couldn't stop thinking about him and everyday since then my thoughts have been all things Luke. I dress nice everyday in case I see him at school or around town. I want to talk to him all the time, I want to know what hes thinking, if hes thinking of me. My mind fell more and more into a Luke induced coma he captured my attention and took over my entire being. I didn't' need convincing or a second opinion, I had a crush on Luke Hemmings.

My thoughts divulged into a swirling tsunami of Luke, only to be interrupted my my mom storming into my room and ripping my blankets from my body and bed. 

"I told you once nicely to get out of bed and I meant it Scarlett. Get out of bed right now! You need to clean your room and do laundry before noon and I don't wanna hear any complaining now get up and get to work." My moms voice was raised and she had her hand on her hip giving me a death stare

I huffed and heaved myself out of bed. I glanced at the clock, it was nine-thirty. I had two and a half hours until I had to be done with chores and no desire to do them. 

I walked to the bathroom assessing my appearance in the mirror, I had hair shooing out in all directions possible and smudged makeup under my eyes from yesterday. 

After brushing my hair and wash my face i braided my hair and started my laundry. While my clothes were being washed I cleaned my room, the process didn't take long due to the fact I tended t be a tidy person. I ran the vacuum i my room and cleaned my bathroom. I finished cleaning and laundry by eleven forty-five and decided I would go to the beach today. 

I changed out of my t-shirt and sweat pants and put on my black bikini and covered with shorts and a crotchet crop top. I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and packed myself a lunch and put it in my beach bag along with my book, headphones, tanning oil, and a towel. 

"Mom! I'm going to the beach! I'll be back tonight I have my phone if you need me!" I shouted as I grabbed my sunglasses and slipped my shoes on.

I stepped out the door and grabbed my skateboard, deciding I wouldn't walk today. 

The ride to the beach was pleasant, everyone seemed to be out today, kids playing in front yards while their parents watched from front porches and sipping lemonade. 

Once at the beach I laid down my towel I pulled my tanning oil out of my back and started to put it on. As i was rubbing the Oil onto my leg someone came and was standing behind me causing a shado to fall over me. I turned around and looked up to see Luke standing there.

"Want me to help?" He asked.

"um, sure, thanks." I felt a blush creep up my cheeks.

Luke grabbed the bottle of tanning oil and sat behind me. He lifted my top over my head and set it in the sand beside me. He then poured some oil onto his palm, rubbed his hands together and then started rubbing it onto my back. His big hands rubbed my back, pressing the oil into my skin, running up over my shoulders and down my arms. His touch was gentle and sure. His hands moved all around my body taking short breaks to get more oil, he came in front of me and rubbed oil onto my stomach and chest he leaned then down and kissed my collar bone. 

"Luke, we are in public." My voice was a timid whisper. I didn't want him to stop.

"So, let them stare." Luke kissed behind my ear sucking lightly on the skin.

 I moved back slightly to look at Luke. I shook my head at him and then grabbed my book.

"Not right now." I stared at him and he stared back, he was still over top of me.

I leaned forward and pecked his lips.

"Trust me I really want to kiss you, but we aren't even dating and were in public and im not very comfortable with PDA." I said.

"Sorry I'm taking this way too fast, this was a mistake."  He got up and was looking down at me. 

"Do you really think that?" I asked my voice low.

"Think what?" Luke countered.

"That this was a mistake." I looked down my voice was low and embarrassed.

"No, well I mean sometimes I do, I don't want to lead you on, I think I like you but I'm not sure. I shouldn't have taken this so fast I'm sorry." Luke reached out his hand for me to grab. 

I took his hand and stood up, and he hugged me. 

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have led you on either." I mumbled into his chest.

"How about we start over?" He asked.

"What do you mean start over?"

"Like with us why don't we start over and take this slow, do it right, because I think I really like you and I don't want to mess this up." Luke said looking down at me.

"I'd like that, a lot." I smiled up at him.

"Okay well my bands playing a little beach concert about a mile down the beach tonight why don't you come and then after I can take you for a midnight walk on the beach and get us ice cream?" His eyes were full of hope and a smile covered his face, I couldn't say no.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY 

you will hopefully never have to wait that long for a chapter again. So much has been going on i m life, I didn't end up moving and then I just had a lot of problems going on.

Im sorry the chapter is short and kinda crappy theres more to come though please dont give up on this story yet. 

i love you thanks for reading please vote and comment id love to talk to you