Chapter 7

AN: so sorry for the long wait, a lot has been going on lately I'm trying to get better at updates and I have not forgot about all of you.

----------------------------------------------------

I laid on the beach soaking up the sun and splashing in the water when the UV rays were too much for me. The day was peaceful and relaxing after my run in with Luke earlier. The sun was starting to get lower and lower into the sky and I didn’t know what time Luke’s concert was at so I decided to go home and freshen up.

The way back to my house was as peaceful as it had been to go to the beach, however, the sun was hot on my back and all was content with the feeling of air conditioning in my house. I sighed in relief as the cool air rushed around me swirling in the air as I opened the front door with my key. My mom’s car wasn’t in the driveway so I figured she was out for the rest of the day, which wouldn’t be a new thing.

 I trudged up the stairs and into my room shutting my door and peeling my sweat-covered clothes from my body and stepping into my bathroom to shower. I glanced at myself in the mirror as I waited for the water to heat up, I wasn’t at all fat but I had self-image issues and couldn’t help to criticize myself and notice the few areas that could deal with losing a couple pounds. When the water reached my preferred temperature I stepped into the warm water and let it cascade down my back and exhaled as I relaxed into the comforting feeling of rushing water, completely forgetting my earlier thoughts.

 After my shower I went to my closet to get dressed for the concert. I chose to wear a neon pink bandeau with a cream colored knit sweater and dark-wash frayed high waisted shorts with studs on the pockets. After I had my outfit on I went to the bathroom to fix the mess that was my hair, I put a beach curl spray into it and anti-frizz serum and mixed it from the roots to the ends and left it to air dry and moved on to my makeup. I didn’t want to go overboard and scare Luke so I just put mascara on and left it at that.

I grabbed my bag, which I still hadn’t bothered to empty, and slung it over my shoulders and slipped my phone into my back pocket. I did a quick spray down with my perfume and grabbed my skateboard and headed out the door and back toward the beach for the second time today.

The sun was low in the sky by the time I got back to the beach, and I could hear the thumping of drums and beat of music. I followed the noise down the beach, the music getting louder and louder and I began to hear the sound of screaming and cheering. As I got closer I couldn’t help but think of Luke and his band that I was minutes from seeing live for the first time ever. The screams got louder as I saw the stage and a familiar blond boy spoke into a microphone and introduced himself sending the crowd into another frenzy of crazed screams. Just how popular was this kid? The rest of his band introduced themselves and the screams only got louder. I recognized Luke’s bandmates as his friends from school that he was always with. I made my way to the side of the stage so I could watch without being trampled by the hyper intensive crowd. After the introductions were over the boys started playing their first song.

The sounds of drums and guitars and bass mixed together in perfect harmony and then if I wasn’t already convinced that this little band of Luke’s would be good Luke opened his mouth and stared to sing.  My mouth went slack and I was one hundred percent sure that my jaw was hitting the sand. I stared in shock at the events taking place in front of me, Luke’s voice was amazing, and I was in awe of the raspy melodic sounds coming from his mouth that I hadn’t even realized he was looking at me. Luke was staring at me in the middle of his concert. Once he noticed I was staring at him he winked at me and turned back to the crowd, stepping towards the end of the stage and touching a girls hands making her scream and jump around like Jesus himself had just laid his hands on her.

After the first song the boys talked and goofed around before playing a couple more songs until they announced that they would only be playing one more song and then the concert was over. With each song the boys of 5 Seconds of Summer sang I fell more and more in love with them, not only were all of them cute but they were talented as well.

The last song of the night was introduced and the boys started to play. I decided that if my life depended on it I could stand here, on the beach in the soft glow of moonlight, for eternity and watch Luke as he performed. He seemed so intent on pleasing the crowd, yet so at ease being in front of everyone. His muscles bulged as he strummed his guitar and the veins in his neck showed as he strained to make every note perfect, which he did. Everything about the concert was perfect from song choices to each of the four boys standing in front of me. I didn’t know how the night could get any better.

After the final song ended Luke motioned for me to go back stage. I did as he said and walked behind the stage where he met me moments later. His forehead glistened with sweat and his lips held the shape of a smirk causing his dimples to poke out of his cheeks, he was beautiful.

“So, what did you think?” Luke asked, his voice was raspy and I felt my knees buckle beneath me.

“It was wonderful, Luke you’re wonderful.” I felt my face flush from my reply. “Err, um I mean it was really cool. I had fun” I corrected.

            Wow, dumbass now he’s going to think you’re insane. Nice going you finally get a boy interested in you and then you decide to lose your mind, smooth.

“Really? You liked it?” Luke’s enthusiastic reply comforted me in my self-conscious thoughts.

“Yeah! You were great I didn’t know what to expect before but that definitely wasn’t it, you’re so good.” I smiled at him.

“What did you expect?” Luke asked

“I don’t know, but not that.” I answered.

“Oh, alright well I’m going to change and then we can go out and grab something to eat.” Luke said as he turned away to a make-shift tent that served as a dressing room.

            I sat on a speaker while I waited on Luke staring absently out at the ocean. I felt as if the entire world was silent waiting on the moment Luke would emerge from the tent and take me on this date of ours. My mind raced with the possibilities of how it could go, if it would be good or bad, anything and everything that could happen.

Okay I was planning on making this chapter a lot longer but I decided to cut it here and have a double update instead as a gift for taking so long. And I know author’s notes suck but I had a lot of personal problems going on and was going to counseling and just trying to resolve some personal problems and then this past week a close family member tried to commit suicide so I’ve just had a lot to process and get through. Thanks for reading I love you!!

-Mariah

p.s my twitter is now @playstationuke if u wanna give me  follow that’d be fab bc im tring to get 10k  by mid june/july