Ghosts from the past

Alex's POV

"Duncan Nilson is back, he has a whole pack with him."

That sentence alone made all my insides turn. It has been too many years since I last saw him, we didn't end up in great terms. Can't blame him, I killed his people and most importantly his sister.

"You dare to say you took my daughter along with you for such a dangerous task?" He swallowed hard, his eyes looking elsewhere instead of mine.

"We didn't know. You more than anyone understand how teenagers are. They don't listen to anyone. They would have gone alone if I didn't accompany them anyway."

"You and Nick should have told me about this the moment you found out. You might be alpha of my pack but I am still in charge around here." I was furious of course I was. My brother a grown man putting his capacity with a bunch of teenagers only seeking danger. Not only that but taking my daughter with them.

"Mom." I heard my daughter speak. She was standing now by Mark.

"It wasn't his fault, it was mine. Aimee told me before anyone else and I only encouraged her not to tell anyone because I wanted to know what was going on around here."

"Cassandra you can't be reckless like that." Cassidy said still holding my hand. It was all too much for me to process. Having Duncan back is sort of a sick feeling, especially since I don't know about his intentions.

"Next time, just tell me about this before hand Mark, I didn't put you in charge to follow teenagers around." I said rubbing my temple with my free hand.

"Duncan said he meant no harm by being here. He said to tell you that."

"So you spoke with him?"

"No, I didn't allow the young pack to get close. Duncan just sensed we were there so he spoke with much ease to me."

"Very well, gather all the best fighters we got, including Kristen's pack. Meet me here tomorrow at 9:00 p.m"

He nodded before leaving my house. Leaving me only staring at the young woman before me. She was uncomfortable and I hated being hard on her, but she needs to realize that you can never be to careful.

"I know what you're going to say." She spoke before I had the chance of doing so.

"It was reckless and dangerous. I could have ended up hurt. No only that but my friends as well... It was just that I've been having this weird feeling that something or someone is coming. So I guess I wasn't wrong."

This girl was something else. Made me wonder if this is how my parents felt each time I did something dangerous. Probably so.

"You weren't wrong... that man he brought me so many headaches." I didn't know exactly how to put it for her to understand.

"He brought you pain back then, but he seemed different mom. Even back then he tried to help you." It was no mistery how she knew all that. Heaven surely knew how to keep making Cassandra a smart mouth.

"That's before other stuff happened. I don't want you near those woods till we find out what is going on. Right after school you come here." She only nodded gulping nervously. The look in her green eyes told me there was something she was holding back, but I'll let her tell me in her own time. Back in my master bedroom, I kept trailing circles on my wife's stomach. As her delicate hands ran over my back.

"Do you want to talk about this?" She asked with her gentle voice. My head was about to explode as old stars do in faraway galaxies.

"What if he wants vengeance?" My wife stayed silent for a couple of minutes before giving me an answer.