Perfect places

Rylee's POV

My muscles were aching terribly, my body was exhausted and sweat was dripping from my chin like a water fountain.

"I can't." I told my father. He shook his head.

"You are Rylee Nilson, you can do anything." We've been trying to improve my wolf. Since it's supposed to be bigger. I need to strengthen him. Original rogues were huge creatures that assimilate a monster out of a terror book. It was a curse the moon goddess gave to those who were disobedient without a proper alpha. When my aunt died and putrid ancestors, my dad took command. Little by little becoming a true leader, which made our wolves change. I never got to experience an original rogue form to my luck, but elders did and him as well. Now we look like normal wolves, all our fur is dark and our blood is still thick black. So other people would notice we are different if by any means we get hurt in front of them. That's what he has been trying to change. Make us normal werewolves, but next to Alex's wolves we look like house dogs. Perhaps that's the price we had to pay. Nothing comes truly free. There is always a catch.

"Ahhh!" I let out a scream. Forcing my wolf to gain more strength. My limbs were screaming for me to stop. It was worse than my first full moon.

"C'mon princess, I know you can."

"Make it stop." My hands and legs were shaking nonstop. My eyes had turned bright blue. The only part of my body that changed without any pain. The floor was covered in dirt. I can feel the metals around my neck burning.

"I wish I could take your pain away, but it's necessary Ry." My father spoke as ever so slowly my body changed. The light of the full moon shining through a barely visible window. No one was supposed to know we were alive, so we needed to shift chained to floors and walls like rabid animals. Either that or we would get killed.

Another scream escaped my lips as my muscles stretch to the point of tearing.

"Your mother used to say that pain made us more human, you know... she was very smart." He continued as my breathing was accelerated beyond normalcy.

"I met her when the war was taking place... her blue eyes were terrified when she found me chained underground. She was the one who broke me free. I felt a terrible shot to the chest that moment, I knew my sister had just died. A painfull sorrowful scream left my lips and I fell on my knees. She kneeled by my side, holding me close to her body as I sobbed. This is what she told me.

-One day when you grow older you will remember this day and it will still hurt your heart. Memories can be painless though, but emotions tend to consume a person. Do not let this day erase who you are. Don't let hate erase your kind heart Duncan. The suffering one day will only be a faint memory of a sorrowful day. You will gain more, because you are more and anyone with a kind heart deserves life. You are free, we are free now even Rydelle.-

"How can you remember her exact words?" I asked shivering, my body was more calm.

"It was the day my chains broke free, she held the key to my new found happiness and she was so right. Life gave me her and you. Anger vanished, we focused on gathering the pups remaining and elders who managed to escape. We became something greater. We became a family."

"I miss her." A tear escaped my eye. He wiped it away.

"I miss her too, but she is always with us. Right now she is very proud of you... look." My eyes shifted to my hands that were transitioning to paws, growing hair all over. I was free from the moon curse. I shifted like it was second nature.

"Told you, you had this princess."

A growl escaped my lips. A growl stronger than my lungs. I had finally shifted to my wolf. My muscles felt stronger and larger.