New confusion

"Snatch the ball from Rylee, Cassandra!"

My coach shouted from across the field. The sun was blinding my sensitive eyes, Rylee was surely pouring herself into this game. She was lightning on her feet. Keeping up with her on days like these were hard. A part of me became extremely angry. She wasn't about to take from me what I love the most. Surely that is what is about to happen if such situation continues.

From mere frustration something inside my head spoke for itself. In that moment the blue eyed brunette slipped, hitting the ground with a loud thud. Giving me just the entrance to take the ball from her.

Using spells in games has never occured to me. Not even once considering that would be cheating. Even though no one would notice. It wasn't who I was. This one time it kind of just happened without me having control over it.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out to her. Her ocean eyes held confusion before putting the pieces together. Just as fast anger reflected on them like crystal river water getting agitated.

"Bitch." She spat. Getting up running her hands over her uniform to clean it.

She got on my nerves so bad. Only the moon goddess knew. I knew how to be just as bad. So for the reminder of practice all I did was mess with her. She ended up falling about seven times. I couldn't help it and started laughing. Her face was beet red consumed by anger. It was childish of my part without question, but she needed to lighten up a bit.

I got out of the shower in our locker room, drying my hair with a red towel. Before I knew it my body got pinned to the wall quite hard. There was only a towel covering my naked body so I made sure to hold onto it tight.

"That's the last time you mess with me during practice you hear me?" Rylee was so close to my face I could smell her minty breath and feel it against my lips.

"Or what?" I dare to say back. Her threats were so irrelevant to me at this point. We were both equally as strong and she knew better than to mess with me. She will lose more than she could ever gain. Her cold stare swallowing my whole soul. Her chest was rising and falling. Her body heat begun to make me stir.

"You wouldn't like to find out."

"I would love to find out." I smirked. Only angering her more. For real this girl needs to breathe a little more, relax her tense muscles and cut the shit attitude.

Her eyes flicked down to my lips. Accelerating my heartbeat.

"Is everything good here?" Coach asked making her step away from me.

"Everything is fine." She spoke. Getting her bag from the ground before walking away leaving me with knots in my brain. The coach gave me wary eyes as she left.

***

"You seem out of it what's up with you?" Aimee asked as she chew a straw. A nasty habit of hers.

"Have you ever been attracted to someone you are not supposed to?" I asked her.

"Aiden was always the one." I shook my head. Silly me of course she wouldn't understand.

"Cass do you finally have a crush?" She beamed happily. A high schooler dying for some gossip. I only smiled at her excitement. I couldn't like Rylee. But something inside me begged to differ. Jealousy ran through my veins when Kim got too close. That's how I knew what was happening. Something quite terrifying to be exact.

"Who is it?" She asked. Suddenly my coffee didn't seem so appetizing. So I started to move the straw around the small brown cup.

"It's not a crush calm down. If it were I'd let you know." Her eyes told me she didn't believe my words. Her gaze held until she decided it was best to let go. I wasn't ready to express my new found feelings or attraction out loud. Especially since I knew what everyone was going to say about it.