9•. A brother?

Sorry I didn't upload for a while, I've been through a lot actually, school and exams, you know..

Well, here's another chapter that I hope you'll like.

Happy reading. ♥

~.♥.~

"Here she is" Said Nicole, placing the Spaghetty plate on the round table as she sent me her warm smile.

"Um" Was all I could make.

"Can you please call for Hunter? I don't know why he left after all the insistance of being so hungry" She wondered looking out the window and washing her hand in the sink. Actually, I didn't notice his absence since my mind was busy thinking of what happened up in my room.

"Sure" I smiled and spun around. Which direction should I consider? I didn't know where Hunter even was, upstairs? Out in the garden? However, I just asked Nicole.

Walking past the kitchen door, I let the cool night air rush over my bare skin and I shivered, I was only in a tank top and shorts. I looked around until Fox barked and my eyes spit to him, where I finally found Hunter. They were both hiden by a tree, surrounded by several wooden material.

"Um, Hunter?" I called out taking a step ahead. Fox surprisingly didn't manage to run and jump on top of me like he used to, unstead, he lied down next to Hunter and that literally made me feel jealous.

"Yeah?" He asked, not bothering to look up at me. Of course he wouldn't, he'll just act like nothing happened and keep sending me those threatening and loathing glares of his.

"They're waiting for you" I breathed, glancing to find him holding a book full of instructions.

"Yeah, and when I show up, suddenly the dinner decides to take more five minutes to be ready" He shrugged, looking up and smiling- Did he just smile at me? Did it just happen or it was me? I think it happened because that's what he's still doing, eyes dont lie, right? Unles I'm under a simulation. Oh God, I need to calm my heart beats down.

"Agree" I swallowed. "So, what're you up to?" I gestured to the book with my head asking casually.

His stare only managed to look down at the book after a few seconds of examinating my eyes which surely made me blush. "Uh" He paused squeezing his eyes shut "Fox needs a house" His voice suddenly got raspier and my heartbeats lived in my throat.

"Right" I sighed. "But isn't it late for such a thing?" I question and his head went up again, his features astouned.

"How could you be so heartless?" He spit rolling his eyes. My heartbeats lived in my cheeks. He shook his head unbelievingly. My heartbeats lived in my fingertips. How can he do that to me?

"Yeah, shame on me." I crouched down and rubbed Fox's back. "Sorry kiddo" I mumbled. "Well, he had a little house back home." I paused and next the memory spoke "I and Dad built it".

I titlted my head back to look at Hunter, his expression was full of worry but then, when he noticed my smile, he relaxed and smiled back.

We stared at each other for a while and it didn't even feel awkward.

I thought if he had any idea how I'm feeling because he perfectly succeeded at making me feel good like I can tell him anything about my secret life. And then I remembered that he had an idea about loss. He lost his father, and I don't know which is worse, losing your father because of death or because of deravity.

"Seems like Fox loves you" I said deciding to break off because, for a moment I thought that it was enough.

"Yeah, I guess so." He stroked his hand over Fox's top head.