8.• The necklace.

After the game, we headed to the nearest bar. You know, Victor's drinks.

I wasn't in mood of having any more fun, I was exhausted. But I had no choice but to go with them.

"Come on Annie, just one drink, it won't hurt" Dylan repeated for the tenth time.

"I don't drink and I never will." I adjusted myself on the high uncomfortable chair.

"You only-"

"Die once" I cut him off rolling my eyes. I didn't spend a day in my recent years without having a drunk person in the house, never a split second, either my mother or my dad. And after all the shit I heard them saying and each fault they did or problem caused when they were drunk, I decided not to drink. Like never.

"Okay, a coke please" Dylan turned to the man behind the counter.

All Caleb did was shaking his head unbelievingly.

Rachel was talking with some boy she just met. The boy way probably older than Caleb.

Soon, a bunch of bastards broke in, jumping. Hold on, I think those were the players and Hunter must have been with them.

I bowed low and tucked my face down between my hands, cursing.

As well, a part of me wanted to see him. But a bigger part wanted to kick him miles away.

Literally, the smell of clove cigarettes was overwhelming. It made my stomach growl and my head spin around. This was absolutely not my thing.

I jumped off my seat when Caleb caught my arm. "Where to, princess?"

Caleb, for the love of God, stop being the perfect overprotective guy!

"Need some fresh air" I shrugged.

"I'll come with you" He objected, picking up his leather jacket and his beer.

I didn't mind leaving my coke there, I just needed to get out and it was even better when Caleb decided to join me.

As I stepped out the room, I felt a chilly humid air overlapping my bare skin, which made me shiver, I folded my hands together, rubbing my arms.

"Here" Caleb said. Surprised, I looked at him and there he was holding out his jacket.

"No" I shook my head. "I'm okay" I reassured him with a genuine smile.

"I insist" He pressed his lips together.

The words were about to formal when he put the jacket over my shoulders, immediately, a warm wafl filled my interior and my eyes met the ground, my cheeks flaming.

Stop being so awkward!

I tried not to think so I wouldn't blush even more, so I just kept spitting on my own self for being so stupid and expecting it to be a sunny Friday and giving up on my jacket.

Alright Annie, now man up and think of something to say so you can break the silence. You drove him out here and you embroiled him into boredom and cold. Then you stole his jacket!

"So- Uh- Yo didn't like the game?" His voice kind of made me jump. I didn't, I just looked up at him and it took me a moment before what he said made sense to me.

"Nope" I popped the P.

"Don't you love sports?" He questioned raising his eyesbrows.

"I do" I brought my sight to the street as the cars passed by. He didn't answer so I managed it's because I had to keep talking, so I continued. "I just love Basketball, volleyball" But I stopped dead. My mind was saying Car Races but my heart said you can't just love that anymore, it belongs to your old days with your father.