5.• Intelligence and Beauty.

''There was a time

I used to look into my father's eyes

In a happy home..''

Sang my Ipod , I woke up early, early enough to go for a run, have a shower an get ready for school. Instead, I just curled up in bed, put my heaphones on and listened to music over and over again.

Memories consumed, my father, his laugh, his smile, his eyes, everything was stuck on reply in my head.

Time may heal. I reminded myself.

But time can fly straight and light too, because soon, I found myself pulling on my blue-and-red stripped sweater and my pair of washed skiny jeans that rips were running down both iths tights. I hoped in my Cowboy boots and joined the rest of my new family downstairs.

If we live under the same roof, we can call ourselves as a family, right? Family isn't just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. We had many families over time. But then again, how can I say that after what Hunter said to me yesterday? 'My worthless life'.

This is nothing, we are not a family, just my mum's best friend and her son.

To my surprise, Hunter was there, on the counter, chewing a spoonful of cereal, his face creased with sleep, but still gorgeous.

I rooted around for some filters and plugged Mr.coffee machine. The familier burble of the percolator and the smell of coffee calmed down my feeling of unease.

The room was too silent, Ashley was obviously missing dad, driving her own world into daydreams, and Nicole way typing long texts on her Laptop, probably working.

And you Hunter, eating while his Theories driving his mind away as he stared non-stop at his bowl.

I wondered what was running inside his head.

Whatever, the scenery encouraged my nightmares to take over me, so I fought that urge and jumped off my seat, not bothered to finish my coffee. I slinged the strap of my bag off of the back of the chair and waved goodbye.

Since it was too early for school when I reached it, I remained in my car, surrounded by nothing but a peaceful silence.I reached for a book that I've always wanted to read but never found time and flipped through its pages, searching for the last page I read to finish it.

"Annie!" Someone just freaked the shit out of me as he knocked on my side window and the book flew to the passenger seat.

"Dylan! Never do that again!" I shouted warning, both of my hands up in shock. I could hear his mocking laughs as he waited for me.

I hopped out of the car, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Good morning" He greeted, putting a hand over my shoulder as we made our way through the corridor. "Isn't it quit early? You've been here for fifteen minutes, haven't you?"

"It is and yes, I did come too early, home is boring" I shrugged, sighing.

"And school is damn interresting!" I could smell sarcasm as he answered, his hands stretching ahead as if gesturing the building we're walking in.

"No really, you have no idea" I replied, remembered all the silence back there. He didn't seem to concentrate as a bunch of girls passed by, all in short dress and high heels. Beurk. "Boys" I rolled my eyes.

"No, uh, not like that, really, I mean, not my type" He said quickly in a serious tone.

"Really?" I did believe him, but there was this worried expression on his face. "Then what's it?"