Chapter 37

Hi,

I can't tell you how excited I am about this chapter!! I'm going to introduce a new POV in this one, oh and it was so much fun writing this!!! :-D

Okay, so here we go, I hope you like it! Please let me know what you're thinking.

Lara

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 37

ANDY

The familiar pang of adrenaline made its way into my system. Years and years of training, almost five years in the Force, and still it felt like the first time. The soothing rush, that particular shot of excitement, I breathed it in, let it settle. Everything was alright again.

Like a junkie, getting his fix.

I tested the words in my mind just to see if they hurt. Did they fucking ever. At this point in time I was past caring. There was no other way I could do this. In motion. And so fucking alive.

I rolled my shoulders and started to move into the street, back facing the line of closed-down shops and factories – a dozen a dime in this part of the city. They gave the area enough room for holes and retreats an enemy could slip into; exceptionally good terrain for ambushes. It was too dark for my comfort, the only source of light coming from the few odd streetlights that were still working.

I felt it. We all did. Something big just happened here in this street, and I had no clue what. The power tasted like nothing I ever felt before. In the light of what I'd felt, the blue-white flash concert at the entrance to the sewer system behind felt like a distant dream, the presence of the Force like a faded afterthought.

The sewer system. Ah dammit, after Anna disappeared everything went to hell in a handbasket. We'd be lucky if the Force got anything out of this mess.

The auras of Marrok's wolves small, liquid scraps of motion that alerted me to their presence at my back. The Force had called in reinforcements, securing the crime scene at the sewers first. Neither I, nor the wolves had a fucking protocol we had to follow. Like me, they were curious enough to throw caution to the wind and come investigate what happened here.

I stopped dead in my tracks. No. It couldn't be.

There she was. Motionless, staring at her open palm as if it was a mirror. What the fuck did she think she was doing?

And what was she doing here?

The building behind her was destroyed, it's front gaping open like a two-faced Pierrot clown. Victor's mansion was positively destroyed. The whole street was a mess of upturned cars and debris littering the way. There was blood on the street a few feet beside her. A lot of blood.

I had no idea what happened and why she was still standing there. How she was still standing there. My eyes drifted over the wasteland around. Dammit, she was a sitting duck.

"Anna," I said, taking a step forward and away from the safety of the wall at my back.

She turned and glanced at me.

I stilled. The hairs on the back of my neck lifted like a line of soldiers standing attention. I stared at her, peered into the darkness, trying to get a better look at her face. She said nothing. Her eyes remained on me only for a few seconds, then strayed and drifted past, dismissing me.