5

I woke up to something warm on my stomach.  It was fuzzy, and oddly moving.  It felt kind of nice.  Part of it was wet and touching my skin.  My shirt always came up when I slept, but the wet part had my face in a frown.  I peeped open my eyes, and screamed, throwing the thing off of me.  That damn raccoon had been trying to take a nap with me!  I jumped off the bed and to the door, running and looking back to make sure it wasn't chasing me.  I bound right into Nathy who pulled me tight into his bare sweaty chest.

"What's wrong?"  He sounded slightly panicked.

"That damn raccoon tried to get fresh with me!"

"Did he bite you?"  Nathy was now looking me over silently, assessing my condition.

"No, he tried to get under my shirt."

"I think he likes you."  He said to me, while looking into my eyes.

"He can get in line with the rest of them then."  I broke free of his hold tugging at my shirt and headed for the stairs.  It was almost dark out and we needed to leave soon.

I headed to the back door to see how far he had gotten.  He had the truck pulled around so the headlights would give him enough light to work in.  I hadn't realized how dark it got out here.  The frame was in place and the wood was new on the outside.  I was looking over his work when he walked through it. 

"I should be done in about thirty more minutes.  Just need to level the door frame and screw it in place then put the door on, make sure it closes."

I pulled up a seat on the hood of his truck, not wanting to be in the house with that creature running around.  I watched him work, watched his muscles move under his skin.  It was doing crazy things to me, to my body.  My shirt was damp from him holding me, it had soaked up some of his sweat, but not enough to stop his body from glistening in the headlights.  It must not have been too bad to level, because within five minutes he was screwing the doorframe into place, and putting the door on.  He swung it opened and closed a few times to make sure it wouldn't stick.  He gathered all the tools and left over wood and threw them in the back of his truck or into his tool box.  He came around to the front and placed himself in between my legs, holding onto my waist.  "Time to go Lex."  He ran his wet nose up my throat and it took all of me not to swallow.  "Unless you want to stay here for a little longer." 

Before I could answer, his lights turned off on his truck.  "I think your battery just died."

"I think you're right.  I have cables.  Pull your Dad's truck around."  He helped me off his hood, letting my body grind down his.  I walked away slowly, going around the house.  He muddled my mind so much that when I got to my dad's truck, I forgot that I didn't have the keys.  Dad had probably took them with him.  This was great.  Now I was stuck here with Nath.  Nath, that sounded so much better than Nathy.  Less childish. 

I walked back around to him, he had the hood open and was waiting on me.  "Dad took the keys with him."

Nath squeezed his eyes shut then opened them again.  He walked over to me and took my hand.  I didn't protest as he dragged me to the front of the house.  He left me at the front of the truck and popped the hood.  With his phone in his hand, he used the flashlight on it to look at my dad's battery.  The hood clinked closed and Nath turned to me.  "We have a few options here.  We can spend the night here, and get my sister or nephew to come jump us in the morning or we can walk to my house, about 7 miles away.  That's at least an hour walk, in the dark, to spend the night there."

I screwed up my face in anger and stomped my foot.  I didn't want to walk an hour in the daylight.  So I guess we were spending the night here, with no ac, in the heat, with the raccoon.