Chapter 3~ Mine?

Eric's POV

~~~~~~~~~

I did it. I finally kissed Tris. I smile silently to myself. I walk back to my compartment, the same as every other compartment in Dauntless. Its a small square room with a bathroom in one corner. The bed is black and gray, and a desk sits in the corner with a wooden chair. I lay down on the bed, and I'm not sure how long I sit there before I here a knock at the door. I get to my feet with an annoyed groan. By now the knocking has become a pounding. I fling open the door, and see my friend John.

"Hey, whats up?" He says handing me a dark bottle.

"Not much." I answer closing the door behind him.

I take a drink of the dark bottle. It burns my throat and I almost gag.

"So, how's the training going?" He slurs as he sits in the wooden chair. Probably drunk before he got here.

I hesitate. "Its good..." I trail off.

"Oh yeah? Come on Eric, whats up? Drop it."

"It's, uh... Just a girl." His eyes widen and before he spits out the drink I stop him.

"Hey don't spit up on the carpet." I laugh.

"Which one?" He slaps me on the back.

"The Stiff."

"First jumper? Hmm thats a little different for you." He frowns.

"Yeah, well Four likes her."

"Ah, you still bent on ruining Four's life? Thats low, even for you."

"Yeah, well thats not the only reason I like her. She smart." I've started slurring now. Great.

"Mm, is that the only reason." He probs.

"It should be."

"That wasn't the question, is there another reason, yes or no?"

I consider this. I don't think there is another reason. Except that I like her.

"Nope." I finally decide to embarssed to express my feelings.

"Yeah, sureitis." His words sound fast and slurred even more than before. "Whatwashername? Tris?"

"Yeah. You realize your not going to remember any of this in the morning right?" I laugh.

"Ofcoursenotbuddy! I'llalwaysbehereforyou....." His eyes start to shut and eventually they close and the bottle clinks to the floor. Picking up the bottle before it spills, I dump it in the trash along with mine. Chuckling lightly to myself I try to lift him from the chair. Slumping him up on my back, I try to drag him to the corner of the room. Laying out a blanket, I let him slide off my back to the floor. He lets out a groan, and rolls over on to his side.

"Goodnight to you to." I smile to myself.

Tomorrow will be a long day, I'll have to watch Tris carefully, unless I want Four to have her. I scowl at the thought. Four with Tris. Stupid. I lay on the bed, the feel of her lips on mine still on my mind as I close my eyes.