Sabree's POV

I sighed as I stepped out of my car and made my way into the restaurant where I work as a waitress.

Considering it was September the weather was great.

That's just one of the perks of living in California, the weather always seems to be nice and sunny no matter what time of the year it is.

The bell jingled as I opened the door causing everyone to turn to look at me only to look away as they noticed it was just me.

I stepped through the doors that read Employee's Only and made my way to the cubby where I keep my things while I'm working.

I put my bag up and turned the volume on my phone down so if it went off no one would be disturbed.

I grabbed my apron that held my pen, my notepad, and change just in case I needed it and tied it around my waste.

I pulled my long platinum blonde hair into a messy bun on my head and looked around to see if any of my coworkers were here yet.

Just as I turned to head out to where the tables are I heard someone yell my name.

I turned around and saw my best friend and coworker Kevin.

He had a goofy grin on his face as usual and was running towards me.

I laughed and shook my head as he stopped in front of me with his hands on his hips.

"Jesus would you wait for me?" He asked out of breath.

I looked at the clock on the wall and realized he made it just in time.

"Wow someone was almost late." I said poking his chest.

"Well I can't help it when my hair decides to mess up on me last minute. You never know a hot guy could walk in at any minute and I have to be prepared."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

He's been my best friend ever since I moved here about 3 years ago.

The first day I met him he explained to me how he was gay but he didn't want to be open about it because he was afraid people would judge him for it.

But I told him that it doesn't matter what people say about him if he's attracted to guys then he's attracted to guys and it's none of their goddamn business and that's what sparked a beautiful friendship.

A few months after that he finally decided to come out and ever since then he's been so much happier always on the look out for himself a hot guy.

Also always on the lookout for a me a hot guy.

I'm not sure if I really even want a relationship right now but it makes him happy so I let him do whatever.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone tugging on my arm and looked up to see Kevin.

"Come on we have to work." He said pulling me out of the kitchen and into the dining area.

I looked around and realized that it wasn't even that busy today.

"Let's do this." I said smiling up at him.

He smiled down at me before we headed off in different directions to start taking orders.

I had just took my last order when the all too familiar bell jingled and I groaned realizing I would have to take some more orders.

But suddenly all of the noise around me stopped.