xlv.

"This is for your own good, Nicole." Mom says as I'm looking out the window. "Nicole.. don't..don't be this way."

I continue to stare outside without even blinking. "I'm doing this because I care about you." She puts her hand against mine. "You need help."

I finally turn to look at her. "I just need my family." I reply. "We need you too, Nikki. But you have to understand you need professional help."

"I don't need that, mom." I say. "Honey, you've gone through..." her voice trails off and she looks down.

"Some rough stuff and I don't know what else to do." She finally says. I keep staring at her and she looks at me sadly. "Say something, Nikki."

"What is there to say mother? You want to send me away without even asking me how I feel about it. You say that's best for me but you don't even take my feelings in consideration."

She squeezes my hand tighter and sighs sadly. "Nicole, in doing this because I love you. You know I love you with all my heart." She whispers. I turn my face from her and start looking out the window again.

"That's a funny way of showing you love me. By pushing me away."

There's a knock on the door and Dean speaks up, "Ma'am? Breakfast is ready." I finish tying my hair in a pony tail and walk out.

Dean looks surprised to see me out of the room and I smile. "Good morning, Dean." He looks confused but returns the smile anyways, "Good morning ma'am."

"How are you this morning?" He asks as he leads me to the elevator. "Good. I'm good." I respond feeling a little part of me get anxious.

We get in the elevator that takes us downstairs in a matter of seconds. "The masters in there." Dean says quietly as he stands by the stairs.

I walk to the dinning room and as soon as Seth hears my footsteps he looks up. He gives me the same look Dean gave me while ago.

"Good morning." I say as I sit on my usual spot. I'm shocked that I don't feel nervous anymore. There's food already served for me and I start eating.

I can feel Seth staring at me and I look up. "Good morning." He responds quietly intensely looking at me. I continue eating my food and can still feel his eyes glued on me.

"How are you?" He asks. I look up to see him, "Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm good. I'm alright. I slept great like a baby."

"I'm glad you're feeling better." He replies with a small smile. "Mhmm." I say shoving a piece of pancake in my mouth.

"Listen... about..." he doesn't even finish his sentence. He seems to have trouble even looking at me now that I'm looking at him. It feels like I'm intimidating him which is plain odd and ironic.

A man like Seth Rollins intimidated by an insignificant girl like me?

"Could I get you something else sir? Madam?" A servant asks walking in and breaking the awkward silence between us. "Could I please get another pancake? I'm starving."

The servant nods and I grin in appreciation. Seth's looking at me like I'm weird but I ignore it. After the servant walks away I hear Seth put his fork down.

"Nicole." He says. "Mhmm." I mumble continuing to look down at my food. "Nicole I need you to look at me."

I stop eating and look up. "We need to talk about... you know." He says quietly. "About the pancake thing? I know, I know, I'm eating a lot but I'm really hungry. Lately, I haven't eaten so well so might as well eat while I can. Right?"

"Nicole I'm serious." Seth sighs. I shrug, "What? I'm also being serious. Or what did you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about you. Where does your family live?" He asks. "For what?" I continue pretending that nothing's wrong and like I don't know what he's talking about.

"Because I need to know where to buy plane tickets too." He says. A part of me dies when he says this. "Phoenix, Arizona."

"Okay. Does all your family stay there?" I nod my head drinking sour orange juice. "I will get plane tickets for this weekend. Don't worry about money. I will give you plenty of money so you can move around."

I put the glass down and smile at him, "I don't want your money, Seth. All I wanted was your love but apparently that's too much to ask for."

He frowns at me, "You know I love you with all my heart." I chuckle remembering the same thing my mom told me before she pushed me away for months.

"Why are you being this way?" He asks concerned. "Because I'm done getting hurt, Seth. It's better to just not care at all."

He looks down at his plate and doesn't respond. The servant brings me another plate with a pancake and Seth gets up from the table.

"Pick this up please." He says and the servant does. I start cutting the pancake and then I feel Seth kiss the top of my head.

I look up at him after he's done doing this. "I hope one day you understand." He says and then walks away.

After he walks out I put the butter knife and fork down. My whole stomach feels empty, nauseous, and full all at once.

I keep staring at the plate for a long time until the servant comes back in. "Are you done ma'am?" She asks. I nod my head and she picks up the both of my plates along with the empty glass.

There's an inherent ugly feeling in my heart that nothing could fix it. Not money, not fame, not beauty.

The only person that could fix it is the person twisting the knife in my poor unlovely heart.