49

"if you don't mind me asking, please; why the hell did you start dating liam in the first place?"

harry posed this question to clementine as he sat on her bed, watching her stand in the corner of the room with her arms crossed. she may have only been staying with them for one week now, but the colour was already returning to her cheeks and her clothes seemed to fit her much better. the boys had taken her out every day, even if it was just to do the shopping, in order for her to get a bit of sunlight.

it had taken a few days for clementine to start talking comfortably to them, because she hadn't talked to anyone besides liam for a very, very long time, but at least she talked to them now, and harry was grateful for that.

"i swear, he wasn't like that when i met him. i don't know what happened, but i was trapped before i knew it."

clementine moved from the corner and sat next to harry on the bed, giving him a small smile. she still didn't exactly know what was up with him, because he must have been extremely obsessed with her to go to all those lengths to find her, and she thought that maybe it would be a good idea to get away from someone like that, but she liked harry and didn't think he had the same obsession that liam did. no, harry was sweet and kind and vowed never to treat her the way she had been treated by liam. to clementine, that was enough for her to want to stay.

"i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault. there's no reason for you to be apologising."

"it's generally what people say, don't you think?"

"i guess so."

"it could be my fault, in a sense. i might have been able to save you sooner, if maybe you called me a few weeks earlier or something."

clementine laughed and harry joined in, but he mostly just watched her while the beautiful sound escaped her lips. she looked different, in a good way, now that her hair was brushed, lips were no longer chapped and skin was looking a lot less pale. but most of all, she looked happy, and harry just wanted to watch her forever when she looked like that.

"when's niall getting back? did he tell you?"

after they stopped laughing, clementine asked this of harry, remembering that niall said he was going out about an hour ago.

"i'm not sure, but probably soon."

before either of them could say anything else, they both heard loud banging at the front door. when they exchanged a fearful look, they both knew that whoever was there definitely wasn't niall horan, and whoever it really was, they didn't sound happy at all.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

um so i'm not making an edit for this either bc i'm a lazy ass and i have a huge headache even though i've drunk a heap of water so idk man i'm not feeling up to it

i could have a qotc but that would be like 'who do you think is at the door?' and really that's kinda obvious just a little bit

please vote and comment :)