Chapter 28

I stared at the ground, deciding If I should tell him.

"I got raped." I murmured in a small voice.

Tears made their way back to my eyes and were threatening to run down my face cheeks.

"You what?" Nathan asked with his voice laced with anger and shock.

I didn't reply but just kept my head down.

Tears started to run down my cheeks and drip onto my red stained grey sweat pants.

"Who did this to you?!" He yelled as he came closer and sat next to me.

"I . . . I don't know Nathan. They didn't show me their face. I don't even know their name." I said as I kept crying.

"I . . . I can't believe this happened!" He yelled as he buried his face in both of his hands.

"I'm so sorry Jade. I wasn't even there to protect you. I feel like such a douche." He said as he pulled on his hair in frustration.

"It's okay, Nathan. You can't always protect me from everything." I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's not you fault." I mumbled as I wiped my tears away.

He stared at me with sad eyes and then pulled me into his arms.

"Jade, I fucking love you. I'll beat the guy up. I'll find out who he is and beat him to a damn pulp. That's a promise right there. I won't let anyone else hurt you, I'll try my hardest to protect you." He said in a soft voice as he held me tighter to him.

"I love you too." I whispered into his chest.