chapter 4

After a while, Silver finally made it home.

Elizabeth greeted him at the door. "Hello, honey, I heard about what you've been doing and I made your favorite for dinner tonight."

"Awesome!" Silver smiled.

"Come on, let's get you inside, you've had a busy day." Elizabeth smiled back.

"I sure have." Silver said.

"Come on in then." Elizabeth walked back into the kitchen.

Silver followed his mother inside to his favorite food. Elizabeth smiled to her son.

"So, Denny, what's new in school?" Arthur asked as he cooked dinner for his daughter.

"Well, there's a medieval assignment," Denny said. "Tobias and Gumball are fighting over Penny Fitzgerald, and, um, Darwin asked me if I had a boyfriend."

"Oh, did he?" Arthur smirked playfully.

"Yeah..." Denny stared out the window. "Darwin's weird," She then overheard her father chuckling. "Dad, something funny?"

"Oh, I think he likes you, honey." Arthur said.

"Likes me?" Denny glanced.

"Yeah, as in likes you likes you." Arthur smiled.

"Oh..." Denny pressed her lips together. "Well..."

"Looks like you got yourself a boyfriend." Arthur smirked.

"I guess..." Denny sighed and stared out the window. "This town's really crazy, Daddy."

"Mm-hmm." Arthur chuckled.

After dinner, Silver was now doing push-ups while weights heavier than anything he had ever used before were being placed on his back.

"I'm going out for the night, you guys enjoy yourselves." Elizabeth said as she decided to get herself pampered for the evening.

"Okay, Mom!" Silver grunted.

Elizabeth smiled and went away for her own evening of fun, passing the Bonchaz house.

"Evening, Mrs. Orion." Denny smiled to the wolf woman.

"Evening, Denny." Elizabeth smiled back.

"Whatcha up to?" Denny asked.

"Oh, I'm going to have a girl's night while the guys at home have their own fun," Elizabeth smiled. "You should do the same with your own mother."

"Oh... I would, but... She left..." Denny replied.

"How long ago did she leave?" Elizabeth asked.

"...Eight years ago?" Denny replied.

"Oh, dear..." Elizabeth frowned.

"Yeah..." Denny smiled sadly as she stared at the ground.

Elizabeth hummed, then smiled. "Would you like to come with me?"

"You sure, Mrs. Orion?" Denny looked up to her.

"Of course." Elizabeth smiled.

Denny put a finger up, then went into her house.

Elizabeth waited a few moments and then the gerbil girl came back out to see the wolf woman.

"Just as long as I'm back by 9:00." Denny smiled to the woman.

"I promise." Elizabeth said.

Denny smiled to her. Elizabeth and Denny then walked together to have some quality female time together. Arthur smiled as he approved of this since his wife was no longer in his or his youngest daughter's lives.

"So, buddy, how's school going?" Eric asked Silver after wrestling.

"It's been going great, except a certain annoying rainbow-colored-skinned boy in our school is starting to act like he's from the Middle Ages." Silver said.

"Oh, who's he?" Eric asked.

"Tobias..." Silver rolled his eyes. "He's trying to win the heart of Penny."

"Oh, um, do you like this Penny girl?" Eric then asked.

"No, I don't want her to be a couple with him, especially since Gumball has feelings for her." Silver said.

"Well, that's nice of you to look out for your friend," Eric smiled to him. "Maybe you could help Gumball try to show Penny that they are meant to be together?"

"How am I supposed to do that?" Silver asked.

Eric shrugged. "Well, try not to worry about it, son, how's your school project going by the way?"

"Great, it's a wonderful book," Silver held out the book. "It's like going back in time to the time of the Dark Ages with the knights."

"That's great." Eric smiled.

"Yeah." Silver smiled back.

The following week at school seemed long and kind of annoying. Tobais kept trying to win Penny's heart, much to her annoyance and Gumball tried the same, but it seemed to irritate her father and she finally had a solution and would go over it with Gumball when she would see him again. While that was going on, Silver was walking from the gym in some pain from his older brother's training.

"Oh, great, it's you," Jamie glared over to the wolf boy.

"Hey, you may have put up a good fight, but you're not gonna drive me out of this school again, Jamie." Silver glared back at the evil bully at school, even more than Tina Rex.

"You're lucky the coach is over there, otherwise you'd be dust right now." Jamie snarled.

"Yeah, whatever." Silver glared as his muscles started to throb from the training.

Jamie stuck her tongue out as she did pull-ups.

"Leave my little brother alone." Nathan glared.

Silver and Jamie turned to see an older wolf boy.

"Or else what?" Jamie snorted.

"Or else I'll show your parents some footage of you being a bully." Nathan glared.

"Is that right?" Jamie growled.

The coach walked over, coming between the two. "What's going on here?"

"Nothing, Coach." Jamie replied, trying to sound innocent.

"Not exactly," Nathan said. "Coach, I would like to show you and you husband something and it involves your daughter."

"What's that?" the coach asked.

"You wouldn't dare!" Jamie glared at Nathan.

"Your daughter has been nothing but a bully and yes, she's been a bully even before you became the new coach." Nathan said.

"That's not true!" Jamie defended. "Besides, he shouldn't even be here, he's too old to be in junior high school!"

"This is our school's new training instructor." The coach told her daughter.

"What?!" Jamie asked. "You never told me that!"

"Well, I did, but I guess you just didn't listen!" the coach scolded her daughter. "Now, what's this about school footage?"

Jamie narrowed her eyes at Nathan. "Leave my school now..." she said quietly with a glower.

"Meet me at your house after school and I'll show you and your husband the footage." Nathan said.

Jamie growled at that.

"Very well then." the coach agreed.

Nathan and Silver smirked darkly to Jamie. Jamie began to get nervous as she knew that her life was going to be ruined once her parents saw the footage. This was good so far for Silver, and soon, the others in Elmore Junior High School.