chapter 10

Speaking of love, about a week later, there was a buzz going on for the school play. Denny and Silver were participating in it as it was Beauty and the Beast, Denny was a stage hand and Silver played the bad guy, of course never really meaning it as Gumball was the beast who would turn into a handsome prince in the end as Penny was his princess.

'Gumball better not forget his lines.' Silver thought to himself.

Denny walked over with a beret and had a clipboard. "Opening Night, I can't believe it's finally here... Oh, Silver, here's your sword." she then took out a prop sword for the wolf boy.

"Thanks." Silver said, accepting the prop sword.

"Okay, you're on in five." Denny said.

Silver nodded and blushed once he saw a sparkled girl in the eighth grade come over. "Amaryllis!"

"I just wanted to wish you luck during intermission, you're a really great actor, Silver." Amaryllis smiled to him.

"Thanks, Amaryllis, but for performers, wishing them luck we say break a leg," Silver said. "Which I never understood why."

"Oh... Sorry, break a leg then." Amaryllis then said.

"Thanks." Silver smiled.

"Okay, back to your seat, please." Denny rushed the girl. "We have four minutes, Mr. Small put me in charge!"

"Okay, okay, I'm going." Amaryllis said before she went back to her seat.

Silver smiled back.

"FOCUS!" Denny snapped.

"Man, you've been really edgy since you've been put in charge." Silver said.

"I'm fine!" Denny's eye twitched as she drank a cup of coffee. "Be ready in three!"

"Why are you drinking coffee?" Silver asked.

"I've been up all night for the past month trying to make sure this play becomes the best show ever!" Denny replied. "Don't test me, Orion!"

"I'm not, I'm not." Silver said.

"Good..." Denny narrowed her eyes and walked away.

"Good thing she's sleeping over at Penny's tonight, maybe then she'll get some sleep..." Silver said to himself before his cue.

"ONE MINUTE!" Denny then called.

The curtains pulled back and the parents in the crowd cheered as Silver had to fight Gumball as the bad guy. And where of course, as the bad guy, he had a death scene as his way of losing.

"It's over, Beast," Silver glared to Gumball with his sword. "BELLE IS MINE!!!"

"Wow, he really is good at acting." Nathan whispered.

Gumball then lunged out for Silver. Silver then did not go down while Gumball tried to take him down.

"Silver!" Gumball whispered.

"Huh? Oh, sorry..." Silver replied before making himself fall down on purpose.

"That was close." Elizabeth whispered.

Eric held Elizabeth as they watched the play. Silver then pretended to stab Gumball before falling to his own death. Denny then quickly rushed over and took Silver out of the room while Gumball would do his death scene as the beast until Penny would come. And where his death scene was over dramatic and where the only ones that were moved by his acting was his father and where after a short while, Gumball finally fell to the floor, looking dead. Anais was rather bored about being here and was reading a book during the whole show to keep herself entertained.