chapter 8

One day in class, the school guidance counselor came to visit Miss Simian's class.

"This pie chart is an illustration of the composition of happiness," Mr. Small told the class. "This portion here represents the ratio of love needed in one's life. This portion here is the--"

Gumball was chewing on a pen which drowned out Mr. Small for him. Even Silver started to get bored.

"My brain is amazing," Gumball said to his closest friends. "When I find something boring it actually prevents me from hearing it."

"Hm, I don't think it's your brain, I think it's his," Darwin pointed out as Mr. Small started to bore himself to sleep. "He should seriously give up on this herbal tea."

"I agree." Silver said.

"And this portion here represents the--" Mr. Small woke up instantly and then the bell rang. "Class Dismissed." he then fell asleep again.

"Thank goodness." Denny sounded relieved.

"Thanks for the pen, dude!" Banana Joe walked up to Darwin's desk and gave him a slightly chewed up pen.

"No problem." Darwin smiled back.

"Why is Darwin's pen chewed up?" Silver asked.

"Hmm..." Gumball examined it and glared to the banana. "Hey!"

"What?" Banana Joe turned around.

Gumball moved his hand to Joe to the pen, he kept doing this until Joe was swinging his arms. "What the derp is that?!"

"I dunno," Banana Joe shrugged. "What're you doing?"

"Yeah, what are you doing, Gumball?" Silver asked.

"THE PEN!" Gumball yelled. "YOU CHEWED HIS PEN!"

"...No, I didn't." Banana Joe said after he stopped swinging his arms and walked out of the classroom.

"If he didn't chew his pen, then who did?" Silver asked.

"I don't wanna find out..." Denny replied.

"You're supposed to chew things you eat, not people's stuff!" Gumball said.

"What about gum?" Darwin asked.

"What?" Gumball looked at him.

"You don't eat gum, but you chew that," Darwin explained. "It's even in the name, 'chewing gum'."

"Yeah, sure, but that's specifically made for chewing," Gumball defended. "It wasn't a chewing pen, you write with a pen!"

"It's just a pen." Silver said.

"You just don't chew other people's pens!" Gumball yelled at him. "It's the principle! This is what society is built upon, respect!"

Denny and Silver sighed as this was going to be a long day.

"Oh, brother." Silver sighed.

The two then went to the library as Gumball went to the cafeteria to have a word with Banana Joe.

"This is going to end badly." Silver whispered.

"Seems to usually does..." Denny folded her arms over her open book.

"Yep, seems that way." Silver whispered.

Denny sighed. "I should've let my dad still home-school me."

Gumball came over. "Well, I got Banana Joe back, I let him borrow some glue." he then smirked devilishly.

"Gumball, what did you do?" Silver whispered.