chapter 7

It seemed to be dark as night as they came to the ghost girl's house, there was even the sound of an owl hooting.

"Don't break the circle of pepper," Carrie told the others as she was lighting candles on the floor. "It's our only protection."

"From what?" Penny asked.

"Jealousy," Carrie replied. "It's taken possession of his body. And it must be EXPELLED!"

Silver nodded firmly. Gumball tried to pounce on everyone, but a green shield emerged from the candles and pushed him back like a force field.

"Gumball, if you're there, give us a sign." Carrie said as she held up a mirror.

Gumball fogged up the mirror and wrote with his finger.

"'Writing... In this way... Is... Difficlut'..." Darwin read. "Yeah, that's Gumball alright."

"Good, it's not too late," Carrie replied. "Now, we must present the root of his jealousy."

"Yep." Silver said.

"Leslie," Carrie called to the flower boy. "Please step forward."

"I... Feel like I'm close enough already," Leslie was nervous. "How about you guys take a step back?"

"STUPID PINK PETALS, FAT YELLOW FACE!" Gumball jumped at him.

"Why is he so mean?!" Gumball whimpered.

"He's jealous of you." Silver said.

"Come on, man, Leslie's face isn't that fat." Darwin said to Gumball.

"It's just disproportionate compared to his really weedy body." Penny added.

"Get off!" Denny tried to pull Gumball off of Leslie.

"Leslie and Penny are cousins!" Silver told Gumball.

"WHAT?!" Gumball roared before the jealousy went on a rampage and started to possess everybody else.

'Gumball, stop it!" Denny struggled as she grabbed onto the cat's tail.

"That's right, Gumball, Leslie and Penny are cousins." Silver said.

The jealousy seemed to fade away.

"Leslie's your cousin?" Gumball asked Penny.

"Well, duh, everybody knows that." Penny replied.

"Well, duh, I didn't." Gumball defended.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Gumball." Leslie smirked.

"Too true." Silver also smirked.

"Oh..." Gumball felt stupid now as everything was going back to normal. "I wish someone said that earlier."

"Yeah, so do I." Leslie agreed.

"Man, Carrie, if this is a normal day for us, I wonder what Halloween will be like," Denny smiled in excitement. "Halloween's my favorite holiday and I can't wait to celebrate my first one in Elmore!"

"How about I treat you guys on Halloween?" Carrie offered. "I know the perfect place."

"We'll be there." Silver said.

"Great, see you there." Carrie smiled.

"Well, I think that was a good lesson for you," Penny said to the blue cat. "Jealousy is a pretty ugly thing, Gumball!"

"Yep, I get it!" Gumball stood up straight then.

"That's okay." Silver playfully punched him in the arm.

"Yeah, you made it, man!" Carrie added in, putting her arm around Gumball in a friendly way.

"Get your hands off of him, you undead, ectoplasmic, transparent, paranormal, spooky, floating, fringe-flicking freak!" Penny yelled as the jealousy then possessed her.

"Not again." Silver sighed.

"Wow..." the others said.

Luckily, the jealousy spell didn't last long and it was now time to move on.