Chapter 5. Haruka's Choice

Author's Note

Another scene will play out of Akira's torture. I will write it in italics again and whether it's worse than the first scene or not, I leave to your opinion. Now, these scenes could be absolutely outdone by any other writer, because I'm not really one for writing torture scenes, but I'm trying something new. The scene does have a bit more sexual torture in it, but I promise you guys, Reizo will not rape Akira. I advise you to read at your discretion, and if I'm offending anyone, I sincerely apologize

-------------------------------

Clear sat in a tree in the snowy forest where he, Noiz, and Virus had chosen to set up camp. Noiz and Clear both kept very sharp and close eyes on Virus, for both of them remembered quite well what happened to Mizuki after he disappeared. And Aoba revealed that Virus and Trip were the leaders of Morphine, the group that consistently attacked them when Toue was at large.

Like the others, Clear felt responsible for Akira's capture. Noiz and Virus both sat on the ground, silent. Clear didn't know what else to do, so he began to sing his song.

"Yurayura yurameku nami no ma ni ." Noiz and Virus both looked up, as he began,"Kirakira kagayaku koe wa tada yure kanata e to.
Yume miru kurage wa uta utau yo
Yasashii umibe de nemuru."

As he continued his song, his voice softly singing, it seemed to ease the anxiety that Noiz felt within and even Virus seemed to be at ease. Even with his modified hearing, which was more meant to stand against Scrap, Clear's song had an effect on him too. Clear had an exceptional voice and even now, he used it to heal and calm people.

Although Clear was singing to help ease the tension, he was also hoping that, somehow, some way or another, Akira might hear him. She knew his song and even played it for him on her piano, once. Clear, Noiz, and Virus were on a separate island from the others, but they really had no idea of where to begin looking.

Suddenly, the three of them heard bushes rustling. Clear stopped singing and he looked down, seeing Virus and Noiz on their feet, ready to face whatever was there. Clear adjusted himself, sitting in a squatting position, choosing not to blow his cover yet. He watched the two below. 

Soon, Noiz and Virus saw someone step out from the bushes, but he stopped in his tracks, looking between the two of them. It was a young boy, somewhere in his late teens.

"What the--?" He asked.

"Who are you? What are you doing out here?" Noiz questioned.

"I should ask you guys that. I've never seen you before." Noiz glanced to Virus.

"Are you alone?" Virus questioned.

"You see anyone else with me? Yeah, I'm alone." The boy snapped.

"Watch it. We're not exactly bringing a welcome wagon." Noiz warned.

"Sorry. I'm not used to being around others."

"So, what are you doing out here?" Virus asked.

"I live on this island. Which is why I don't recognize you guys. Who are you?" Virus was the first to let his guard down.

"The name's Virus." He replied with a smirk. The boy looked to Noiz. Noiz straightened himself, then looked up.

"Come on down. I don't think he'll hurt us." Clear jumped down from the tree and he shoved his hands into his pockets of his long white coat.

"Noiz is my name." Noiz stated.

"And I'm Clear." Clear added.

"Virus, Noiz, and Clear. You guys aren't from around here, aren't you?" The boy asked.