Chapter 8. Broken

Aoba, Mink, Trip, Koujaku, Mizuki, and Ren met up with one another and rode on their boats to the the island where Noiz, Virus, and Clear were. They all were relieved to know that Akira had been found. They were heading into day six without her. As relieved they were to hear she was alive and had been found, they each knew that after this, Akira wasn't going to be the same person. And who know what kind of horrors Reizo has done to her.

The six finally came upon the island where Noiz, Virus, and Clear were on and they had their boats come to the shore, then pulled them out of the water, so the tide couldn't take them back out.

"Where is she?" Mizuki asked.

"We don't have her with us, but we do know where she is. Come on." Noiz said as he and Virus began to lead them to the area where she was being held. The group raced through the snowy forest, none of them caring any longer about Forsaken knowing they were there. They all, Mizuki in particular, needed to see Akira once again. Even though they knew she wouldn't look well, they just needed to have complete confirmation that she is alive.

As they continued on, they were stopped as someone came jumping down from a tree and landing in front of them. As the being looked up, they were met by a mask of a skeleton. Their defenses went up and Mizuki advanced on him.

"You son of a bitch!" He yelled as he struck the being with his fist, "You give her back, bastard!" The being hit the snowy ground and he brought his hand to his face.

"Ow," He said, his voice muffled from his mask, "I know they said some of you guys were quick to attack, but they didn't say you had a hard punch."

"Who are you?" Mizuki questioned. He looked up and then let out a sigh, then slowly removed his mask.

"Haruka?!" Noiz exclaimed.

"Hey, Noiz." Haruka said as he stood to his feet.

"You know this kid?" Aoba asked.

"Yeah. He's been helping us find Forsaken's base, but he's also the one who led us to find Akira. What are you doing, wearing a Forsaken mask? You trying to blend in?" Haruka exhaled and closed his eyes.

"Noiz, Virus...It's time I came clean with you. But, before any of you go jumping to conclusions, allow me to completely explain myself okay?" He took another deep breath, "I didn't take this mask from a member of Forsaken. This is my mask. I am a member of Forsaken."

"What?!" Noiz questioned.

"You mean to tell us you've known where Akira is this whole time?!" Virus added, also getting angry.

"And where is Clear at?! Did you sell him out?!" Aoba asked.

"Please, hold on a second. Allow me to explain." Haruka pleaded, taking a step back and putting his hands up in surrender.

"You have on minute. Start talking." Mizuki snapped.

"Yes, I am a member of Forsaken and yes, I have known where Akira is this whole time. However, I didn't know that you guys were connected with her. Not until I brought you two, Noiz and Virus, to her. When this all started, I was meant to gain Akira's trust and then Reizo would use me to break Akira, as a way to show her that she really has no one down there. However, I came upon Reizo when he was...hurting her and I realized that he really wasn't the person he claimed to be. I began to help her and try doing what I could to keep her alive. And then...she finally asked me to help her. The resolve I've seen in her is so strong and she told me it's because she has to hold on for you guys."

"How do we know you're not trying to trick us?" Koujaku questioned.

"She told me that some of you wouldn't be so easily swayed. Nor do I blame you. So, she told me something that would convince you," Haruka looked directly to Aoba, "Aoba, right? She told me about something that happened between you two."