Chapter 12. Eternal Vow

It was the long awaited day. Everyone was excited on different levels. This day had been anticipated and people were eager for it. But, for Akira and Mizuki, this was the start of their new beginning. The start of their new life, one they would take on together.

Akira was in her bedroom, finishing up with getting ready. She was wearing a long floor length white, with a slight shade of pink, dress which had cherry blossom patterns at the bottom, with spiral-like hems for the layers. It was short sleeved, but the shoulders were exposed. She had a cherry blossom flower crown with a veil attached to it. Her natural straight blonde hair was also spiraled, but it remained down. She had white heeled sandles. Normally, she wasn't one for wearing such girly clothes, but since it was her wedding day, today she would make an exception.

She heard a knock at the door.

"Come on in." She said. As the door opened, she turned to see Aoba walking in. He was wearing a black suit with a blue tie and white undershirt.

"Whoa." They said in unison, looking one another over.

"Aoba. That is a definitely a new look. I could almost get used to seeing you wearing that."

"Yeah, same could be said for you. You look absolutely amazing." Akira smiled.

"Thank you."

"Uh, here. I got you something." He approached her and showed her a corsage, which consisted of cherry blossom flowers.

"Oh, Aoba." He pulled it out and she held out her left hand and he slipped it onto her wrist.

"I'm a little nervous." She admitted.

"Don't be. You guys are perfect for each other."

"What will you do without me here, Aoba?"

"Oh, you know. Probably destroy the house, maybe burn it down," Akira laughed, Aoba joining her, "But, this house's door will always be open to you. If you ever need to get away, this place will always be your home." Akira smiled.

"Aoba. Had it not been for you, I wouldn't be here. I know I've said this to you before, but thank you. You, quite literally, saved my life. And now, more than once. And I'm not talking about when you found me in the alley or when you guys saved me from Reizo. You using Scrap and entering into my mind, that is what I'm talking about. You saved me the first time when I was depressed about Mizuki, then you came again when I thought I wasn't worth it. You are the best brother I could've ever had. And thank you for taking me in and giving me the love I needed." Aoba smiled and he hugged her.

"You too. I love you."

"I love you." They released on another and Aoba took Akira's hand and the two began to walk out. The wedding itself was going to be held here at the house, so Tae could be here to watch Mizuki and Akira exchange their vows. She wouldn't go to the reception, but she was fine with that.

The downstairs had been cleaned out and a trail of cherry blossom petals was on the floor. Aoba and Akira slowly made their way downstairs. As they came through the open doorway, Koujaku, Noiz, Haruka, Ren, and Clear were on one side standing side by side, while Mink, Virus, Trip, and Tae were on the other side. Akira looked up and saw Mizuki standing in the living room, waiting for her. He was all dressed up in a tux as well. Their eyes met and they smiled to one another, each of them taking in what the other was looking like. Once Aoba and Akira made it to Mizuki, Aoba turned to Akira and gently kissed her cheek. Then, he took her hand and placed it in Mizuki's. He walked to stand beside his grandmother. Akira and Mizuki stared into one another's eyes. The one who was to marry them both was a priest.

"Dear friends and family, you have gathered here today to witness the marriage of Mizuki and Akira, two souls that will now become one as they begin their life's journey together. Everyone here, you have been personally chosen to witness this union, offering your love and support to this man and woman," He looked to Mizuki, "Mizuki, do you take Akira to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, be there for her in her time of need, take care of her, and protect her for as long as you both shall live?"