Chapter 9. Akira's Scarred Heart

Between Noiz, Ren, and Aoba, both of which were good at playing Rhyme, Forsaken didn't seem to stand a chance. Noiz's rabbits came in from all over; above, below, left, right. They were leaving the gang members no chance of escaping. And though they weren't Rhyme players, Koujaku, Clear, Mizuki, Haruka and Mink continued to fight back.  And between them all and having the upper hand, the gang was defeated.

"Wow. We did it." Mizuki stated.

"Yeah, we did. In a Rhyme field." Koujaku added. They looked to Aoba, who was getting off of Saki and she was facing Ren. Her form slowly disappeared and she took her human shape again.

"Is it...really you?" Ren asked. Saki smiled and nodded.

"Hey, Ren." She greeted. He looked her over and then he suddenly advanced on her and pulled her into an embrace. Saki smiled and she returned it.

"I've longed for a moment like this. I never...got a chance to say goodbye to you."

"Ren. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's told you this, but those who die never really leave," She pulled away, placing her hands to his chest, " I told this to Akira, too, but you can always find me...in your heart." Ren looked down as she placed her hand to her chest. He brought his hand up and gripped hers.

"I know it...can't happen between us, but as time went by, I sincerely felt something when I was around you. I didn't know what it was, but when I was with you, I felt at ease and...happy. But, you were cat Allmate and I a dog. Not only that, I was apart of Aoba as the super ego of restraint. So, how is it I was able to feel such feelings toward you?" Saki smiled and she brought her hands to Ren's face, making him look at her.

"Because, even though our bodies were different physically, we shared a common bond. You were always by my side and you and I were alike in many aspects. Though you were originally apart of Aoba as his restraint, you became Ren and that is who I fell in love with," Ren's eyes widened, "It is a complex thing between us, for both of us were completely different Allmate types, but living with you for that year gave me feelings toward you that I didn't know I could have. And I thank you, Ren, for everything you have done for me. And I love you." Saki's eyes welled up with tears as she spoke. Ren's eyes softened and he brought a hand to her face and he pressed his lips to hers.

Aoba softly smiled. It was a complex love that the two shared, but even though Saki was gone, this was closure for both of them. They would never would forget each other, but this allowed them both to be able to move on from each other, now that they had admit to each other of how they felt. This must've been another feeling that Ren was talking about back when he said he needed to leave Aoba. He probably just didn't realize it. Saki and Ren finally pulled away and Saki looked over to Aoba and the others.

"My purpose is complete. As soon as this field deactivates, I will cease to exist any longer. Aoba, you have been by Akira's side since day one. You are more to her than a friend, but you're like her brother. She may not be the same person she once was, but she will still love you the same. I ask you, please, look after her and Ren."

"I will." Aoba promised. She nodded, then looked to Mizuki.

"Mizuki...I have no doubt in my mind that you are the one for Akira. You respect her and treat her the best you are able. And I have no hesitations in leaving her in your care. But, after this whole thing, she will need you more than she ever has. Take care of her for me." Mizuki nodded.

"I promise I will." He assured. Saki looked to Koujaku.

"Koujaku, aside from Aoba, you were the first to enter into our lives. You have been a great friend and Akira will need you as well. She'll need you, not only as a friend, but as a brother, too."